Purchased my Lumia 900 during the first week of release in April of 2012, and throughout the year I have noticed a few issues, but have always chosen to overlook them.
Figured I would post here to see if anyone else has noticed these issues and know of any fixes for them.
1. Sometimes when I try to access the internet, the status bar at the bottom of the page starts moving but then hangs up. Refreshing the page or exiting out and re-entering the IE results in the same thing. This occurs regardless of whether I am using a WAP or 4G, and the only solution if to power off the phone and restart. This happens pretty frequently- about once a week or so.
2. This happened yesterday, and was the first time I have noticed this: Using my phone, I suddenly could not access any of my apps. . . touching the screen had no effect. (I believe I was on the Search screen when it froze) However, the bottom 3 buttons still produced that tactile push sensation, albeit without any further response. The power button and camera button had no response either. My solution was to do a soft reset by holding the Volume down button and Power button simultaneously to reset the device.
3. Sometimes when I try using Maps, I can not open the app. Everytime I try, it would say "Resuming" with the blue dots running beneath it, and after a minute would just exit the program. Again, the only solution is to completely power down the device.
4. Accessing email accounts, I cannot access older emails on my phone. (I use Yahoo, Hotmail and Gmail) The first 10 or so emails in my inbox are visible, but if I am looking to access an email received a week ago (or even a couple days) then I have to get to my inboxes by using IE to access the account.
5. Every once in a while, I will have a fully charged battery get drained in a couple hours without ever using the phone. Every time this has happened, the case has gotten very hot, as I tend to notice this happening when it is in my pocket! Turning it on, I see the "Battery critically low" message, but otherwise no apps or anything remain open. This has happened about 10-15 times over the course of the last 8 months.
I think I have covered most of what I see going on. Will post more if I can remember anything else.
Any ideas about any of the above scenarios? Any of them throwing out red flags that I should contact Nokia for?
Thank you in advance!