Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 900 rSAP

Sniiki
Accepted Solution

Lumia 900 rSAP

Could anyone tell if Lumia 900 is going to have rSAP? It's really weird Nokia keeps leaving that out of their top models, even tho they tend to use it in their car bluetooth modules (in many european cars atleast with OEM Nokeval BT units).

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Sniiki wrote:

Could anyone tell if Lumia 900 is going to have rSAP?

Highly unlikely if not upon Windows Mobile 7 "roadmap" decided by Microsoft.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Sniiki

That's really pity as it's one key features I need my phone to have and I'm not alone. Quite important feature to have if MS wants business poeple (who drive a lot) to have any interest towards WP phones. Not sure is rSAP is going to be / is already replaced by a better protocol, but at the moment it's really popular and a must have option in car handsfree if you want to sync your contacts with car system (+better sound quality compared to HFP, SMS support etc.).
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
matzo

Yes, the blame is on Microsoft! Particularly as the previous Windows Mobile OS already supported rSAP.

Concluding, I will keep away from Windows phones as long as they don't come with this feature. The only way to put pressure on Microsoft is not to buy this stuff ---

Please use plain text.
afx6

Same here. Samsung galaxy S 2 works fine with rsap and it is a great phone. Can't wait for the S 3 which should support rsap as well.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
uktivo

Ok showing my lack of knowledge. What is rSAP? I have no issues with my lumia 800, conecting or syncing to my car system.. (new BMW 530) in fact, my previous phone the galaxy s2, was terrible..
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
foxmeister

[ Edited ]

uktivo wrote:
Ok showing my lack of knowledge. What is rSAP? I have no issues with my lumia 800, conecting or syncing to my car system.. (new BMW 530) in fact, my previous phone the galaxy s2, was terrible..

It's remote Sim Access Profile

This should explain it (from Wikipedia)

SIM Access Profile (SAP, SIM, rSAP)

This allows devices such as car phones with built-in GSM transceivers to connect to a SIM card in a phone with Bluetooth, thus the car phone itself doesn't require a separate SIM card. This profile is also known as rSAP (remote-SIM-Access-Profile)

I Believe it is also used to access Contacts stored on the SIM Card

The alternative profile to access contacts is PBAP (Phonebook Access Profile)

If this Post is helpful. A click on the White Kudos star is always Appreciated

Last Nokia: Nokia Lumia 800

Current Phone: A Non Nokia Device

Previous Phones:Don't Ask ;-)

Please use plain text.
Contributor
marcifaq

Same with us. We have maybe 1000 Users with E72, and think about deployment of Lumia 900 for better MS Exchange 2010 interoperability. But the most Users use the SAP Profil within her Business Cars.

Samsung S2 is not really an alternative. We have some Users with S2 too, but many Users are angry about blue Display issues, Microphon- and Gyro Sensor crashed and battery lifetime.

Hmm. but many Users want big screens today and we want to deploy some Apps within Windows Phone..

Please use plain text.
pscocoa

I purchased the Lumia 920 today knowing there was a problem with RSAP but for some reason best known to my subconscious  I want to support Nokia. I phoned Nokia Care who on this RSAP issue were totally useless and unhelpful and the best they could muster was "if anything is developed it will be announced on our website" - cheers you  bunch of jobsworths. I said no this is not good enough - either you are or you are not going to develop something for VW/Audi users. No reaction from the call handler.

Next I phoned Nokia Head Office who refused to put me thru any department unless I had a specifc name - so Mr Elop I said - got put through to his department. At least I was able to explain that after being a loyal Nokia supporter for many years why do you try to drive me to Samsung who listened to their customers and added Rsap back into the supported software for S range.

I am promised a call back.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
marcifaq

Hmm, i think RSAP is not a Problem within WP7 or WP8.

It´s not implemented, and I´m shure, it will never implemented.

Within Windows Mobile few years ago it was a 3rd Party solution and OEM brand from Hardware Manufacture..

(I Think - let me know, if I wrong ;-) 

Please use plain text.
pscocoa

Yes it is frustrating but will probably end up keeping the Lumia as it is a good machine and using N8 as car phone and doing divert if I have to. It is just a poor reflection on Nokia that they did not think this thru. I think they built the car systems for VW/Audi.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
marcifaq

Yes that's right. In some german blogs some people angry about this issue too. maybe it better to adress this topic too Microsoft developers. But mabe the gsm xhip has no sap capatibelity... :-/
Please use plain text.