Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 900 screen turns on after turning it off, ra...

Registered Member
ibanezjg

Lumia 900 screen turns on after turning it off, randomly turns itself on

Hi all,

my Lumia 900 from Rogers is now powering the screen on by itself shortly after pressing the lock button to turn it off. This can happen up to 2-3 times after pressing the lock/power button. Sometimes even in my jacket pocket the screen will turn on by itself. It's really starting to make me mad as this consumes my battery. Has anyone else had this problem?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ibanezjg

Re: Lumia 900 screen turns on after turning it off, randomly turns itself on

I should mention that now the screen timeout before it turns off no longer works. I have to manually shut it off, usually takes about 2-3 presses.

Please use plain text.
TrdfG

I' ve got the same problem with my lumia 710

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ConcernedUsr

I know this is very old, but I'm experiencing the same issues now with my Nokia Lumia 900.  I purchased it about 2 months ago and haven't had any problems up until now.  My main issue is no matter what, the screen decides to turn itself on, at random.  Even worse, the screen doesn't automatically shut off - it stays on until I press the button to turn it off.  BUT EVEN WORSE, sometimes after pressing the button, the phone screen turns itself on again.  After 2-3 presses it will usually stay off.  This constantly drains my battery and makes me have to constantly check to make sure my screen is off.  Being a proud advocate of WP7 and partial to Nokia's wonderfully designed hardware, I'd like to see a resolution to this issue so I can continue to enjoy the entire wp7 experience.

SO, NOKIA, EYES ON YOU.  WHAT'S THE ROOT OF THE PROBLEM AND WHAT'S THE FIX?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Fluweed

Yes, i have also the same problem. What should we do? It also turns off after preasing the lock botton.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
wallyt

Just got the phone and it having the same shutdown problem is there a solution?
Please use plain text.
musica

Hi All,

Is the software of your phone up-to-date? You can refer here for the latest update depending on the network, country/region: http://www.nokia.com/global/support/software-update/lumia-software-update/

Does the issue happen when accessing particular application? Or does it completely happen randomly?

If the software of your phone is up-to-date, performing a reset is what I suggest. Make sure to create a backup copy of your files first. 

• When you reset your phone, you erase all personal data and restore your phone to the state it was in when you purchased it. In other words, you are wiping your phone clean.
    • The personal content that gets erased after a reset includes: Purchased and downloaded apps, ringtones, saved games, contact groups, any pictures, music, or videos, and text messages, which can’t be restored after they’re deleted.
    • Items that can be restored to the phone include: Media content that you previously synced with the Zune software, purchased apps, and saved games.

You can visit the below link for troubleshootings steps. Instructions on how to sync your files, perform a reset and restore the files are provided, too.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2606900

If the above wouldn't help, it's best to bring the phone to a Nokia Care Point for assessment.

http://www.nokia.com/global/support/locations/

Cheers.

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
HouseOfSteve

I am having the same issue on my Nokia Lumia 900 (on Rogers).

I have done a complete reset on the phone and the problem persists.  It happens even before installing any applications.  The only thing running in the background is my connected accounts (Microsoft ID/Live ID and Office365).

This problem just started happening during the past week and of course, my warranty ended about a week ago.

Is this issue just on Rogers phones?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MLFU

Will Nokia step up and answer this very good question about a very annoying habit of the Nokia Lumia 900? I sit at my desk with it recharging and plugged in, but it goes of and on at random!! Then Zune starts up and takes over the screen and distracts me from my work, on and on. I've put up with it for months now, but sheesh, why is this even happening?!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MLFU

This answer is superficial and simply diversionary. I have 7.8 on my phone, so the answer isn't just "upgrade" again please. Have a real answer? An effective solution? PLEASE?!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MLFU

Hello? Solution please Nokia?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

This is a user to user forum. You wont get an official aswer for a question like this from Nokia here. 

Please use plain text.