Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 900 turns off fualt

waylander

Lumia 900 turns off fualt

Where do I start, well my phone turns itself off it can be lying on desknear nothing or not be touched and just geos bye bye.

Have so far done factory reset more times than I can count turned off roaming, checking for e-mails etc because battery was also dying, a lot.

I have tried all the steps nokia support have asked and those advised online in forums, so far my phone has gone to Nokia shop once which is 50 miles away but wanted it working so thought the effort would be worth it. Very nice people who thought a software re-install might sort the problem. No it didnt unfortunately, have also sent it to be repaired at repair centre losing it for a week twice, only to have it still randomly turn off.

Now before anything is said I bought this phone out of own money for work due to my Disabilities as it helps me to organise things, reminders etc. I wont get a reminder if its not on and no piont setting an allarm even if phone is on charge.

I feel its now coming to a piont where I want a refund as I need phone (aid) which works any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
jekiboi20

Hi waylander,

What happened when you sent the device for repair? Did you got a replacement handset or they just repair the device? Can you send me the Serial number of your phone and your location via PM?

Thanks,

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
cassta

Hi this also happens to my phone a few times a day. Is it worth sending off thru Optus where i got it from? They said will take up to 6 weeks to fix. I can't be without my phone for 6 weeks. Why does it happen?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
AARocha

This is a email , massage fromo nokia support..It maight clear things up

Regarding your issue, the main reason for power shutdown is a faulty battery. It doesn't have to be fully drained to cause shutdown, but it can "break" the power flow for only a second, and the phone shuts down due to no power.

Since the battery was replaced in the repair, as per your words, the issue is caused by something else.

If you have updated your software through Zune on your PC, we can rule out the possible cause that your software is outdated, or that software has some sort of issues, since software update is done after each repair.

The issue must be within the phone itself, the motherboard or other components that cannot be tested, unless the repair uses the phone the same way you do, which is not possible, unfortunately. Tests in the repair are simple powerflow test, checking if phone turns on, stays on, can call, etc.

So in your case, I would refer you to the dealer who sold you the phone and ask them to make a complaint in their system about the Care Point repairs. You will need to take your Warranty Bill or Proof of Purchase with you and copies of all the repair service reports that you received. If you do not have these, you can ask the repair to generate additional copies from them. With these documents, the retailer can make a reclamation to their system and through that, the issue will be solved possibly without the need to repair the phone again.

Please use plain text.