Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 920 Contacts and People won't sync and won't...

Registered Member
srbbnd

Lumia 920 Contacts and People won't sync and won't filter

Hello,

I just got my Lumia 920 and I love it, but the only thing that drives me crazy is the contacts list. It has over a thousand people beause it imported all my facebook, skype, google and etc. on there. So when I try to search someone or just push search the entire list of over a thousand people pop up and I dont want to look at a bunch of random facebook friends when in reality I only call about 10 people regularly on that list. I have tried to filter and it just says synching then goes back to the home screen. I have tried filtering and a few other things but it just continously says synching in the top right corner. How do I get my contacts to only be saved phone numbers?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: Lumia 920 Contacts and People won't sync and won't filter

There are a few ways you can filter. To see your options, goto People>3 dots>settings. You will see various options here. You can also create groups, for family, work, etc. To create groups, goto People>together>+ 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
srbbnd

^Thats the problem when I filter it just sits there synching, and then the screen goes black then when I check it is like I never filtered. Or sometimes I uncheck the boxes and then it just goes automatically back to the homescreen, but it never actually works...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
srbbnd

Well I found out the problem partially, all the accounts were continuously synching and never finished. That was causing none of my attempts to filter to be saved. I put it on airplane mode which turned off the synching temporarily, but still I can not get rid of two accounts facebook and Microsoft live. Hopefully an update will help remedy the synching problems. Anyways if anyone is having problems turning off the accounts and unfaltering put it in airplane mode and you will be able to, and will not have thousands of people in your contact list.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Entegy

You cannot remove the primary Microsoft account without a hard reset as this account is used for many of the integrated Microsoft services. You can remove the facebook account by holding your finger down on the account and tapping delete from the menu that appears.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

Yeah it shouldn't download your Facebook contacts for example, unless you have told it to. I had the same when I used Facebook in the People hub, and i got flooded with hundreds of contacts.....too complicated, no thanks!

It is best to turn off background services, and to disable any unnecessary syncing of contacts, emails etc that could drain the battery life. Also would sync using a reliable internet connection such as WiFi to ensure that everything is synced over.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
isaacowen

Here's how to unsync your contacts with Facebook on your Nokia Lumia 920.

Please note - your Facebook contacts can only be unsynchronised by deleting the connected email account. Alternatively, you can hide your Facebook contacts within your Nokia Lumia 920's People settings.

1. From the Start screen, swipe to the left.
  2. Scroll down to and tap Settings.
  3. Tap email + accounts.
  4. Tap and hold the Facebook account to be deleted.
  5. Tap delete.
  6. Tap delete again.

That's it - your Facebook contacts have been removed from your Nokia Lumia 920.

Please use plain text.