Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 920 Hotspot issue

sirplus

Lumia 920 Hotspot issue

[ Edited ]

I have another issue with the personal hotspot feature.

MY LG W7 Phone works perfectly when I use its hotspot with my iPad.

MY Nokia Lumina 920 W8 Phone is very patchy no when I use its hotspot with my iPad.

The other devices say they connect but get no data.

I have to turn the hotspot on and off a few times to get that working

Moderator's note: We have provided a subject-related title to help other forum users easily view and respond to this post.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
HansomeChris

Been having the same issue.

Received updates (AUS Optus phone) over the last few weeks and WIFI hotspotting has beein impossible since.

I used to be able to hotspot for my iPhone 4 but now it connects and "secures" connection, but no data transfer occurs. I tired to hotspot to my PS3 (like I used to on the iP4) and it sees the phone but can't connect.

Must be fixed asap!!!!

Otherwise, any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

hi mate,

have you checked with Optus that tethering is supported on your service and is activated?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
HansomeChris

No tethering for Lumia 920.

Unless you want to really complicate things

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

sometimes, complicating things is the only way to solve the issues, as the solution isn't as simple as we may like. I presume you have checked with Optus?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.