Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 920 NFC initiated pairing not working

iamrupert

Lumia 920 NFC initiated pairing not working

Hi.

I have tried to pair the Lumia 920 with both a pair of BH-505's and the Nokia 360 speaker using NFC to initiate the process and it doesn;t work. In both cases the devices reacts with a sound so I know it recognises there's another NFC device there, but nothing happens.

Bluetooth is turned on and NFC is turned on on both devices.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Advisor
sirgader

Have same problem winth Lumia 920 and BH-505 - only 'beep' sounds but nothing happens.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ceroberts75

that is funny. I have the same exact thing.

bh-505 and nokia 360.

pairing and connection do not work for some reason. also tried to tap+send with a gs3 and didn't work either.

I think this is a Bluetooth stack issue.

in order to get them to connect for me. I have to turn off my Bluetooth on the 920 and then connect that way.

also, with the bh505, I can leave the Bluetooth on the 920, and instead of nfc to connect, will only connect if I just manually turn o the handset, as long as it was already paired....manually.

hope there is a software fix for this.
Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
giodelgado

I also have the same problem with my BH-505, it does make a sound when the 505 is turned off, then it turns it on automatically, green light flashes but it doesn't connect, it DOES connect after pressing the call button for a couple of seconds but that's too manys steps, it's quickly by just turning the 505 manually...

can this be a Lumia 920 NFC issue? I've seen videos where it connects with previous Symbian devices, Symbian has the widest support of any device out there so it isn't surprising...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
xyes

even after accessories app is updated, still the same... it's not shown in accessories app as well after manual pairing.

Please use plain text.
Michau

Bump.

Any news on that topic?

I have the same issue with Lumia 920 and BH-505.

I can hear the sound of detected NFC device but nothing else happens.

Manual pairing works.

Also I had no problem with the same headset and C7.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
oyocee

Cant connect my lumia 820 to bh-505 via nfc.. Why? Can anyone help
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Have you tried this application from Store to make sure that everythingupon your 820 is up to date? http://www.windowsphone.com/en-gb/store/app/lumia-pusher/492cccf5-6352-4c77-8e5f-fd267bcddafb

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.