Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 920 Phone Update Problem

Advisor
Shosho89
Accepted Solution

Lumia 920 Phone Update Problem

I just bought Lumia 920 yesterday, but when I tired to download some apps it said that it didn't fit the software. However, when I go to phone update it gives me the following message "We are currently unable to check for updates. (80072ee2)".

Why does it give me that message? and what is the error exactly?

Thanks in advance

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

That usually means an issue with the update server. Try again later. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Shosho89

I've been trying since yesterday
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Are you using wifi or the mobile data connection?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Shosho89

WiFi, I didn't insert a sim yet, does it matter?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Sim shouldn't matter. Can you download apps? Another thing to check are the regional settings for your phone. Make sure the country setting matches the language setting, eg, UK and English etc. The other possibility is the Microsoft account you used to register your phone. The country and age settings are the ones to watch there.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Shosho89

That worked for apps download, but not with the phone update. Thanks !
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

OK. Thats good because it tells me your settings are now fine. I think you will just have to be patient with the updates. Microsoft did have issues with their server and it would seem like it is still ongoing. In the mean time you can still update the apps manually by going to the Store and selecting the app. If an update is available you will be given the option to download. Otherwise you will only see the option to share.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
RogueDodo

I had a similar issue just recently but I solved it just now! Microsoft were telling me the service was unavailable each time I tried to download an app, yet when I got the phone it was fine and only a day had passed. Solution, switch Time & Date settings to be set automatically. I had changed it to manual as it was incorrect!
Please use plain text.
hamidshakoor

wowow thats really work for me ... thanx buddy.......i was geeting same error message for my nokia lumia 620 but as per solution i changed my Date & Time settings to manually and it start dowloading update........Thanx again

Please use plain text.