Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 920 Release UK?

Advisor
Coxy322
Accepted Solution

Lumia 920 Release UK?

When will Lumia 920 be released?

Where can I buy a 920?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

[ Edited ]

It is released in the UK starting from today or Monday. It can be purchased from EE stores & website or Phones 4 U stores & website.

Unfortunately if you don't wish to buy one on EE (or 4G) you will need to wait a while longer as EE/P4U have secured exclusivity on it. I do not know how long for.

Online retailers may have unlocked imported European stock as the month goes on. Euro models do still have a valid UK 2 year warranty.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Coxy322

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the reply.  

*note, removed off topic/non supportive remarks. 

Please use plain text.
bobfiasco

After this exclusivity deal is done, will we be able to buy the phone outright?

Is the Euro model any different to the UK one?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
halobolola

[ Edited ]

Could import one from Italy, its what I'm thinking 599Euro/£480

it says its sim free, but they also say that the phone4u one is, they Could be trying to trick again

http://www.nokia.com/it-it/prodotti/telefoni-cellulari/lumia920/acquista/

Just so you know, vodafone, and o2 are selling the mobile, just not in the uk

http://www.nokia.com/de-de/produkte/smartphones-und-handys/lumia920/preise-und-angebote

Please use plain text.
ernysp76

When is Nokia going to learn that when it has a great product like this it needs to pull out all stops and get it into the customers hands instead of signing "exclusive" deals with 2bit companies who deny the product to the very people that could quite possibly save the company.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
halobolola

[ Edited ]

ernysp76 wrote:
When is Nokia going to learn that when it has a great product like this it needs to pull out all stops and get it into the customers hands instead of signing "exclusive" deals with 2bit companies who deny the product to the very people that could quite possibly save the company.

If I wasn't actively looking out, trying to find how I can get one, I wouldn't even know that the nokia 920 existed. I have seen 0 adverts for it anywhere, online, on high street, in orange/t-mobile/EE shops, anywhere.

It is literally like they have spent £0 on marketing for it. Do they not care if it sells. The only advert I have seen for new windows 8 phones is for the htc 8x. That's it.

I suppose you can't blame the retailers, I mean, where would they put all the iphone 5 adverts :blink:

I am going to wait 1 more week, and if its not possible to have a 920 by then, that's it. i give up with nokia.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Adverts for it have been all over the primetime TV in the UK, must have seen both adverts about a dozen times now since Saturday.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
halobolola

I personaly dodmt have access to a tv, i just use catch up.
Its why i left it out my list.

But good for nokia actualy advertising in at least 1 place.
Please use plain text.
disavowed12

[ Edited ]

I must say that I'm rather disappointed with comms regarding the Lumia 920 release. Whether this is down to Nokia or the actual network providers I'm not sure.

I've heard numerous different dates both from online forums and phone retailers regarding release for the UK with the first one being 29th October. This one I realised was likely not going to happen as Microsoft was yet to have the opening announcement regarding WP8.

The second date I was told was the 2nd Nov - This date came round and upon joyfully strolled down to my nearest EE store only to be told 'come back Monday 5th' instead. Again - The 5th came round and I was fobbed off again till Friday 9th Nov.

I spoke to a nice guy in one of the other EE stores on Monday (5th Nov) who stated that they had a Windows phone rep guy due in last night and that he should have more info for me today. I'll be going back to see him at lunchtime and hope to god that I'll have some good news stating that I can pick this phone up on Friday (as I'm still stuck with my god awful iPhone which I'm not a huge fan of)

I'm just praying that the guy at Carphone Warehouse is misinformed regarding his 'early Dec' release date as I don't think I'll be waiting that long and instead will likely go for the HTC instead as this is readily available.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

@disavowed12.

There is currently a 14 day wait for the 920 if ordered online from EE. If ordered through Phones 4 U they are offering a free Wireless charging plate as a special promotion but the wait for the phone will probably be the same as it's still through the EE network.

Ray.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Heard from EE that they should ship from the 16th 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
halobolola

The dont seem to be taking advantage of their exclusivity.

By the time the phones are out, there wont be much time left :smileylol:

Please use plain text.
Sage
matthewleech

@halobolola

Sim-free does not mean unlocked.

Sim free: Not on contract. This can still be locked to a particular carrier.

Unlocked: Any carrier's sim will work.

You can get an unlocked 920 from clove http://www.clove.co.uk/nokia-lumia-920

Please use plain text.