Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 920 - Streamiing live football?

Counsellor
dholi_sat

Lumia 920 - Streamiing live football?

How do you watch it on your phone? The usual desktop sites I use need flash. :smileysad:

Help please. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Professor
caitlin1759

Re: Lumia 920 - Streamiing live football?

Probably impossible. Can't speak for other countries but in UK BBC iplayer, ITV player, 4OD, Catch up TV, myPlayer etc, etc do not work on Windows phones.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dholi_sat

So as a football fan, I would be better with another phone...a real shame!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

[ Edited ]

This is only a temporarily situation as Adobe no longer develops Flash for any device. So Android devices after JB will not support Flash either, and neither will the latest iphone. 

The real shame here is actually the stations not taking the trouble to update their systems to html 5 yet. Until they do so, everyone will need to use old obsolete equipment to watch their favourite programmes.  

Please use plain text.
Professor
caitlin1759

[ Edited ]

Hardly old and obsolete. The phone I watch BBC programmes I've missed was released 6 months after the Lumia 800 so if it's old and obsolete what does that make the 800?

There's a fair amount of mileage in JB and even ICS so I suppose the stations think they've got time in hand. Presumably they'll have to deal with it whe JB and ICS devices do become obsolete.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

[ Edited ]

For those of you who still think that it is Nokia or Microsoft refusing to support Flash, the fact of the matter is Adobe themselves have abandoned Flash and no longer develop it for any new platforms. In a few months time, a Key Lime Pie will be released. As soon as that happens, JB and ICS are effectively obsolete. 

"On November 9, 2011, Adobe announced that it will no longer develop Flash for Mobile Platforms and is planning on developing new products with more open technologies and standards like HTML5." For full article see link below.

SO! If you still have an issue, please bring it to the attention of Adobe and see if you can convince them to change their mind. There is nothing anyone else, Nokia and Microsoft included can do about it. 

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2011/nov/09/adobe-flash-mobile-dead

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dholi_sat

OK, I see. So it's just a waiting game?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Precisely. As new phones with new operating systems are released, none of them will have Flash support which should in time encourage all the sites to update to html 5 or be left behind. 

Please use plain text.