Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 920 - Swicthing Microsoft Accounts & backup

Counsellor
dholi_sat
Accepted Solution

Lumia 920 - Swicthing Microsoft Accounts & backup

Hi,

I setup up my phone with a new account, not aware I could use my current hotmail email that I use, now I want to change it to my current one, rather than use the new one setup.

I don't use push notifications, it's more to do with syncing my contacts, using the cloud etc and I'd also like to back up my app list and start screen, in case my phone decides to go weird on me.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: Lumia 920 - Swicthing Microsoft Accounts & backup

[ Edited ]

To switch to a different microsoft account you will need to reset the phone. Any backups or purchases made with your existing account cannot be transferred to the other account.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dholi_sat

Oh no, I just rest the other day and was hoping to sign in on a different account after.

Would that be a soft rest or hard?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

It's the reset in the settings > about menu that you need to do.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dholi_sat

Thanks...
Please use plain text.
windfree

Hi, quick question about the ATT microsoft (windows live id) acct name and PW in the setup new accts and emils.

I somehow managed to get a 16 digit password...( all ******************) in the password field on the 920 in the 'Add an account' section of settings(email + accounts ).  I have not been able to overwrite with the correct PW and get it to stay when I access the msft acct next time.

Can a (email + accounts ) PW be changed on the 920, or does the phone have to be reset?.

I have read about a 'soft reset'.... what does that do?

Is it the same as the 'reset your phone' in the about heading in settings?

Thanks for any advice..... the lack of documentation on the 920 is frustrating.

“Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards”
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
coolatta75

Hi, I reset a Lumia 920 in order to add a new MS Account. Firstly, I was surprised that the "internal clock wheels turning" indicator kept going for hours...I think about 4 hours. Finally, the screen was blank, and I did not try to turn it on right away. Now, it won't turn on, and I can't reboot...nothing. Do you know how to turn it on?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
coolatta75

Pardon me; it's powering up now. Of course! :smileyhappy: Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
coolatta75

I do need help after all. I last had it plugged in and left it for 4 HOURS! Those wheels on the 920's screen were still turning. Help, anyone.

Please use plain text.