Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 920 - Texting a group of 100+

Counsellor
dholi_sat
Accepted Solution

Lumia 920 - Texting a group of 100+

How is this done? Was under the impression you highlight the group but tapping it just opens the group members.

Do let me know.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

If they are all in the group,open people swipe to people and then select group write sms,and send.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dholi_sat

Thanks for the reply.

Selecting the group, only opens a contact list with 'edit group' and 'pin to start' options at bottom of screen.

I created the group via Outlook, assuming that shouldn't make a difference. Had a few email contacts but now they are all contacts with numbers...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Don't you get 'TEXT everyone' tab at the bottom of the list ?

BTW a Group can have Max. 25 Members ..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

here is a handy  guide might help but yes farby is right on the limitation of 25 ,look right on the related articles section here too.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dholi_sat

Thanks guys! Need to cut down size of the group which beats the purpose of it. Oh well. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Shannz14014

The discussion here says you can text to a group of 25.  I can't get my phone to text to 11 people.  It seems 10 is the maximum.  I contacted my service provider and they checked and said there were no limits on their end to how many people you can text.  Is there some place in my settings that may have limited the amount of people I can text?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Shannz14014 wrote:

The discussion here says you can text to a group of 25.  I can't get my phone to text to 11 people.  It seems 10 is the maximum.  I contacted my service provider and they checked and said there were no limits on their end to how many people you can text.  Is there some place in my settings that may have limited the amount of people I can text? 

messaging-->(...)-->settings-->Group text ... OFF

Now check if it works ...

Please use plain text.
Shannz14014

Yes, thank you, so much.  Will it not allow for MMS now, though?

Please use plain text.
Shannz14014

Ugh.  Never mind.  It worked to send them out, but it doesn't hold the grouping so I get a million people responding to me individually which is very confusing because it won't hold the thread of conversation.  This is a very annoying issue with Nokia Lumia 920.  I've loved EVERYTHING about this phone until just right now.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Wasn't it going as an MMS with the earlier setting ??

Please use plain text.
Professor
hpholm

Hi @Shannz14014 ,

There are SMS apps with group text capability in the windowsphone store. Availability varies by country, and I have no personal experience with any of them (and some have very low rating!) but it may be worth a try?

Please let us know if you find an app that works. The group text question is frequently asked.

--

Hans

Please use plain text.