Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 920 as a modem trought wireless router

Contributor
Infinitivo

Lumia 920 as a modem trought wireless router

Hi,

Litle bit noob with this think. Is it possible to connect my phone somehow to router and then get connection from router to PC with rj45 cable?

Problem is that, i use my phone as 4G modem and get better connction in other room than where's my PC is. And if i use my wireless i will become as a bottleneck...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

there's not anything that i can think off the top of my head that will perform what you want. only thing i can think of is shifting the PC to the room where you get good 4G coverage in your house, but apart from that theres nothing more you can do except ensure that your wireless LAN card and its drivers are up-to-date
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Infinitivo

Ok, thanks. Maybe i just have to live with it :smileyhappy:

Any idea how fast is 920's wifi speeds? Can't find them anywhere...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Not sure if this is waht you want..but search for 'speedtest' at MarketPlace and you may find a few applications to check ..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Infinitivo

Yeah, those i found. What i meant was, what are the theoretical best speeds what the phones wlan receiver can handle.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

The 920 supports wireless a/b/g/n bands, so it is a dual-band WiFi device (2.4Ghz and 5GHz). Maximum throughput is irrelevant because of network conditions, possible interference and a variety of other factors....noone ever reaches the theoretical maximum speeds in daily real-life use.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.