Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 920 bluetooth problems

Mobile Overlord
cjlim

My UK CV's firmware version is 1232.2109.1242.1001. I have succesfully paired my Lumia 920 with every bluetooth device I can lay my hands on. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

My UK model is running firmware version 1232.2109.1242.1001.
It works perfectly with the bluetooth touchscreen car kit in a 2012 Peugeot 208. My contacts are google contacts, not stored on the sim.
Please use plain text.
ftkx

[ Edited ]

Same problems as all of you. Here's my story.

I have a 2012 4Runner that my 900 paired with flawlessly. The 920 not only doesn't auto connect (I have to manually pair it everytime I get in the car), but sometimes it only pairs voice or only pairs music. I have to do it again to get both to pair. Also, in addition to some of the DRM kinks with Xbox music not playing old Zune pass content, playing music has been a big headache so far with WP8.

I also have the Nokia Play 360 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker. I've used the NFC/Bluetooth functionality of that device to pair my 920. It's the same thing as the car. I often have to go into the settings on the phone and manually pair it to get it to work. Music also doesn't auto resume as it did on the 900. And I've had the phone freeze and restart multiple times after finally pairing it and getting music to play (usually about 30 seconds into the song once I think everything is finally working).

And then for kicks, I tried the Nokia Contacts Transfer app that uses bluetooth to transfer contacts between phones. I tried it to copy contacts between my 900 and 920 and couldn't ever get the two to pair. They would individually find the other phone, but never both seemed to be on the same page and connect long enough to do the transfer. This is particularly interesting because it's a Nokia app being used between two Nokia phones that both came out this year. Should work great, but didn't.

My best guess is there's some kind of bluetooth software glitch in WP8 that needs a patch ASAP.

Also, I'm using a US AT&T Lumia 920 if that matters.

Please use plain text.
KurtLumia

I'm having the same problem as everyone else with my 2007 BMW 328xi and bluetooth. Both my car and my Lumia 920 report that it has paried but none of the Bluetooth functionality works.

My previous Lumia 900 and Samsung Focus both worked fine. Nokia can you confirm that you are working on a fix for this? It's very disapointing that I can no longer use bluetooh in my car when it's been working fine with everyother phone I have tried.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Eric49

My US phone has the same firmware version. Still won't sync contacts, etc.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Eric49

This thread is consistently on the front page and yet no word of any kind from Nokia.

It's time to call their customer service and complain, 888-665-4228.

Post on on Microsoft's support forum, http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp8-wpnetwork/wp8-pairing-issues-with-cars-bluetoo....

Time to blow up all of the WP forums you can find and all news sites. With enough pressure, maybe we'll get a response.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
arman215

Re: Lumia 920 Bluetooth problems

If they don't respond before the return window is closed (2 weeks in US with ATT), I will be returning the phone. I am not even using it, I moved the  sim card to my old Lumia 900 which pairs and works and waiting on Nokia for some answers.

I am planning to try HTC Windows Phone 8X once I get a chance to stop by  a store. 

Does anyone who is having pairing problems with Lumia 920 tried any other Windows 8 phone with the same  car?

This problem can be related to Nokia or Microsoft, and since they  both have their heads hidden in the sand, it's left to users to figure out.

Brilliant  return to market strategy Nokia.

Please use plain text.
sarath1234

Same here , 2007 BMW 525i gets paired  but none of the Bluetooth functionality works.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
arman215

This beginning  to look more like a Windows Phone 8 issue and not Nokia.

I just did some search and found a discussion similar to this at Microsoft's Communities where users are complaining about connecting their HTC Windows Phone 8X devices to they car's Bluetooth, same issue as  here.

It doesn't mean that Nokia should not respond to it's  user problems.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp8-wpnetwork/htc-8x-bluetooth-cannot-pair-with-20...

Please use plain text.
hellboarder

I actually think the same as the firmware from the UK guys is the same but if you compare the file sizes for the WP8 portion of the firmware, thats different 1.02GB size for ATT US vs. 1.26GB for CV UK (the Rogers FW is also 1.31 and I havent seen any Canadian complain).

I really hope they fix that soon.

Please use plain text.
Vigilante0822

Can everyone please go to this Microsoft Support Forum post and mark that you have this question too... Its needs more flags so that it gets to the top of the list as needing to be answered. Thanks

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp8-wpnetwork/wp8-pairing-issues-with-cars-bluetoo...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Cafan4

I'm having the same kind of issues with my 2006 BMW 330xi (E90). My Lumina 920 will state that it is paired the first time I try pair it, but my car does not show any sort of connectivity. After the first pairing, the phone no longer connects at all. 

Not being able to use bluetooth in my car would be a deal breaker for me (talking on the phone without hands free is illegal in my state). I'll be returning this phone before my 14 day buyer's remorse period is up if I don't hear about a fix in the works. 
Please use plain text.
x1630s

OK now I know why my kids are laughing at me for buying this phone.  No Bluetooth with my new Nissan Maxima, not even close to connecting to My Car.  Dont even get me started on customer service.  Called twice from the road yesterday with the phone to my ear of course, see above NO BLUETOOTH, and no call back or email.  I asked if this is a known issue with the phone and the rep said first time she had heard of it.  Do they read thier own boards?  Really I'm going to give them 5 days and then back to AT&T, return, and either IPhone again or HTC.  I really want to like this phone but what use is it if you can't connect to your car?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

I received a statement from a Microsoft windows phone representative this morning that basically said that they are aware of issues with some car kits and are investigating it.

Hopefully an update will be out soon.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Spacerat76

Same problem with Audi A3 (2006) Navigation plus (RNS-E).

Only headset profile, no handsfree profile. I cannot access my contacts only audio is passed. LG Optimus 7 (WP7.5) works fine.

I can't change my car but I could change the phone (iPhone works).....

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
WSHEE

Re: Lumia 920 bluetooth problems - Venza 2010

I have the same problems. iphone 4 worked fine.

Will have to return the phone if not fixed in 10 days.

Please use plain text.
lkdk

I have the same problem w/ the Galaxy S. It connects for a moment but immediately shows the status as disconnected.

I was trying to use the Nokia app to transfer my contacts via buetooth ...

Luv the phone but it is going back to ATT.
Please use plain text.
lkdk

got it to work :smileyhappy:

I was able to transfer my contacts from Galaxy S to my Lumia 920!!!

If you are in the Bluetooth setting, It connects for a moment, and immediately shows the status as "not connected". That is actually OK.

I then went to Nokia's app "Transfer my Data" and selected my Galaxy device to connect. Then the Lumia 920 connected to my Galaxy S phone and started to copy all my contacts. It worked perfectly!!!

I guess that when there is no app using bluetooth, the setting shows "not connected". That is very confusing ... Anyway, it is working now.

I will keep my Lumia 920 after all :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
craige3

Same issue. 2007 BMW 5 Series with iDrive nav/bluetooth.   No problems pairing co-workers' phones (with contacts) using iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy SIII, and my own Nokia Lumia 800. First went to BMW dealership and they tried unsuccessfully. Felt like an idiot as the serviceman asked me why I don't just get an iPhone.  Then went back to AT&T store and they let me try an HTC 8x. Had the same problem. This is a bit of a joke. How do you release a phone and OS that doesn't do this basic task?   Very disappointing. Fact of the matter is, there shouldn't be this much anxiety and effort in getting a new phone. Combine this Bluetooth issue with the Wi-Fi issues and the fact that the Amazon Kindle app crashed for the first four days. I've told my iPhone and Android friends about what a great fresh OS this is; but now I'm starting to look like a fool. Love the idea of the 920, but it is going back to AT&T next week if there is no sign of a fix for bluetooth.

Please use plain text.
x1630s

Re: Lumia 920 Bluetooth problems (FIXED) REPLACED from my AT&T STORE & NOW WORKS FINE!

[ Edited ]

FOLLOW UP:  I went to the AT&T store tonight and exchanged my phone for another Nokia 920.  Problems fixed and all is well with the world.

My original phone would not work or connect with any Bluetooth device in the store-

Tried the replacement Nokia 920 in store and worked but still had to go to my car, set up took about 30 secs this time, Nissan maxima 2012 and Bam it works.  Hardware problem?  I don't really know but why wait around for a fix if its a hardware problem.  Return the phone and test in store before your 14 day trial expires.  It worked for me and I'm now a happy Nokia customer.  Stuff happens so no hard feelings  but it did take another hour out of my day.

Thanks

Please use plain text.