Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 920 bluetooth problems

dbdmora

I have an 2011 Armada that only has phone bluetooth connection.  After updating my phone last night it did not fix my issue.  I still get some static or it cuts off.  Sometimes 1 call is ok but most all the calls i recieve or make have static or cut off.  How do I report this to Nokia instead of via the board?  Thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

dbdmora wrote:

I have an 2011 Armada that only has phone bluetooth connection.  After updating my phone last night it did not fix my issue.  I still get some static or it cuts off.  Sometimes 1 call is ok but most all the calls i recieve or make have static or cut off.  How do I report this to Nokia instead of via the board?  Thanks

You can use the Noka Support tab to the bottom right of ths acrees. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
luke_clock

hi, i've just bought my Lumia 920 and i cant connect it with my volvo V60 infotaiment system.

The phone is discovered but i'm not able to pair it.

My car propose the pin to insert but there's no time to insert it into the phone, and even if i can do it i always got the same answer : pair failed!

All works well with my old samsung sgh i600.

It's very frustrating, i've spent about 600 € and i cant do what i can with an 6 year old phone!

Luca Colombo

Please use plain text.
Walker_TXRanger

I've had the same problems as all others in getting my 920 to pair with my 2007 BMW335i.

I just downloaded a SW update on the phone, went over to my car and VOILA the connection works, phonebook downloaded to the car, and I was able to initiate a call that came over the car's audio system.  SUCCESS!

I'm not sure why my phone did not report that the update was available, but I guess we users just have to check for updates every 2 weeks or so, since the phone is so young I expect we will see regular updates every so often.

I hope that works for all of you: Happy Holidays!

Diwakar

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
geoffpfc

Judging purely by your comments I find it hard to believe that you are not an employee/agent of Nokia.

Nokia have just shot themselves in the foot by not ensuring that Windows 8 mobile is fully compatible with the high end carphone systems, they are saying that connection faults are due to the cars software and yet Android and iPhones work without a problem, car makers are not going to rewrite their software just for Nokia and if they did, why would I want to pay £100 to have it installed? this could be the final nail in the coffin for Nokia and Windows mobile.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
geoffpfc

Just spent half an hour with Nokia, still does not download to my Audi Q7, just going to take the Lumia back to the store and exchange it for an Android 'phone :-(
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tfess

I have the exact same issue on my Uconnect radio in my 2011 Jeep. It does not automatically connect like me Lumia 900 did. Nokia needs to fix or I will be returning and switching to the HTC.

Please use plain text.
Walker_TXRanger

Believe what you will, but after a lot of frustration for myself, my 920 finally paired with my BMW 335 after the update.

I still have issues with my Nokia (if it helps prove that I'm not an insider): I can't play my office voice-mail attachments (.WAV files), which is very frustrating.  There are some workarounds to use phoneconvert.com but I'm reluctant to have to send likely confidential voice-mails to a 3rd-party service.  Nokia (or more accurately Microsoft) need to fix it, but it's Nokia that took my money, so they need to show responsibility.  Another issue I have is that some apps(CNN, Bloomberg) crash my phone.  This is all Nokia, not a Microsoft issue.

Best of luck,

Diwakar

Please use plain text.
BonaC

My Lumia 920 does connect to my Pioneer DEH-6400BT, but I can't change tracks in the media player, everything else works fine, though the contacts are all messed up in order, but close enough.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Robwlk

I can't connect my Fiat 500 Blue&Me Bluetooth system with my Lumia 920.

The irony in this is that the Blue&Me system proudly states "Powered by Windows"! Even the steering wheel has a button on it with the windows symbol on it. And their flagship phone doesn't work with the system!

Its totaly unbelievable, and an insult to people like me who took the brave (and now foolish) step of jumping to WP8

iOS, Android worked perfectly with the Blue&me system for past 3 years.

Also my Lumia won't  to my iPad, but that problem seems minor in comparison.

Furious about this, WP8 is starting to look like a massive own goal for MS / Nokia 

Please use plain text.
ukplay

Same bluetooth issue here in the UK...

I received my new Lumia 920 10 days ago and have checked for updates (which it did!) and have since tried repeatedly to get it to connect with my 2010 Ford SMax - the system just says Phone Unavailable. We have cleared out our other phones from the cars memory (it holds up to 6) and tried again afresh, but always the same result. This is *really* disappointing, such a basic, basic requirement and it seems the 920 is not compatible with a variety of car manufacturers in countries across the world (from reading this forum). I was really looking forward to WP8 and was enjoying the freshness of its feel but a problem with such a simple feature is ruining it.

For info - on Orange (EE), in UK, phone *never* connects....major disappointment :-(

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
brm2073

[ Edited ]

Same issue as a lot of other Lumia owners.  I was able to get my phone to connect but everytime I get in my truck I either have to reboot the phone or flip the bluetooth off and then back on.  I drive a 2011 Dodge Ram if that matters. I know it doenst seem like a big deal and I like the phone but it is a pain in the **bleep** and I will return it if this issue isnt going to be corrected.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
GBliz

Previous Nokia N8 worked automatically with my Nissan Connect. The 920 works when it feels like it. I usually have to go into settings on the phone to make it connect but this is not always successful. As I work in the community and am in and out of my car all day it is a major inconvenience and I will probably be returning my phone.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Wayne_Miami

Same problem with my 920 with Volvo S40. I didn't have this problem before with iPhone 3GS. Is Nokia planning to fix it?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
TheAndyMac

Same problem with 2008 Jaguar XF. LG Optimus 7 (WIndows Phone 7 and 7.5) worked fine, Nokia 920 connects but no phone book or last number dialled.

Also the 920 failed spectacularly in a 2012 Audi A3, where tried to connect both music and phone features which landed up hanging the 920 to the point I could not switch off.... eventually, after deleting the pairing and getting a distance from the car, it allowed me to switch off the phone.

Come on Nokia/Microsoft, there is obviously something going on here which needs to be fixed as a matter of urgency, otherwise you will have a lot of upset customers.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MrTee

my new 920 connects to both Bluetooth hand sets but not long after, callers can't hear me and occasionally the screen goes black then nothing until I soft reset it.strange indeed.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
amdhunter

Sigh.  Using Bluetooth continues to lock up my phone completely.  It's impossible to use this phone for longer than 3-4 minutes at a time, and I ended up buying a prepaid SIM to stream Pandora on my cracked iPhone 4 in the car.  I literally have 0 reason to use my Lumia because I just forward calls via Google Voice.

Is there any update on when the Bluetooth issues are going to be fixed?

Please use plain text.
Sage
d12south

Best description possible, Im having exactly the same problems as you, I never had any of these problems with my lumia 800.. Im completely sure its a 920 problem or WP8.
Please use plain text.
Sage
d12south

This is not true.. I have an unlocked and unbrander lumia 920 and having exactly the same problems with bluetooth in my 2012 kia sportage and also with the Nokia 360 speakers.. it disconnects constantly and sometimes it does not even connect at all.. no music can be played..

TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
JonasJ

I am able to make calls over BT but unable to sync contacts and recent calls to my 08 Audi A5.

Very disappointing...

Please use plain text.