Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 920 bluetooth problems

Disordered

Re: Lumia 920 bluetooth problems

I have a 2011 Subaru Impreza WRX and paired my Lumia 920 to it. When my current playlist starts to play everything is fine until the next track, it just goes dead quiet because it stops playing. If I forward to the next track it plays, I can rewind to the track that didn't play and it plays (though sometimes I have to jump forward and back a few times before it plays). I chatted with Nokia care and have tried everything short of wiping the phone. Has anyone else wiped their phone and had it fix bluetooth issues? I don't want to wipe it and be back to square one with it still not working.

For what it's worth my Lumia 900 never had problems in my car. Also the 920 plays music just fine when not connected to the car.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
brm2073

[ Edited ]

Went into an ATT store the other day and they mailed me a replacement lumia. Since Ive had it no problems it connects every time.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
snydley55

If this helps any prior to the update my 920 connected to my UConnect every time. The only issue I had was it would pause after some songs but I could bump that with the steering wheel controls. After the update it connects rarely and when it does it will maybe play one song without locking up. Same with phone calls. My phone was bricked trying to perform the update and had to be reflashed to correct but did get to the update. Love the phone, issues with the bluetooth implementation.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Zmansky

@cjlim...
I'm sorry but I came looking for answers to the same problems it seems many others have... Except for you. Everything seems to work for you.

There is some type of problem with the Bluetooth on the 920. I also have many older phones that work with no problems. However my brand new 920 doesn't work as all the rest do. I find it hard to believe that I need a update to what I am connecting to...

In my one week of owning a 920 things have gotten better... The real fix for the BT problem is an update... Either software or phone.
Please use plain text.
Lumiaudi

Having the same problem with pairing Audi A6 system and Lumia 920. Audi A6 firmware has been updated, still no phonebook and call logs. Audio works, once call has been initiated from handset.

Please use plain text.
Nic79

:( 920

at least I'm not alone :smileysad: 

i tried to connect my brand new 920 to my car (bmw520 - 2012) but after few seconds of connection the phone rebooth it self and is not connectgin anymore.

i tried at least 10times, and with previous phone HTC Mozart Win7 and same car, the system was perfctly working...

what shall I do?

I don't read in this topic any trace of solution... extermely warried Nokia is NOT CARING ABOUT US

Please use plain text.
Heavydutytactic

Re: :( 920

I cannot get my new 920 phone to pair with any blue tooth device.......strangely It was working with my iPhone but had issues with it freezing so took it back to the store where they sent it off to update the firmware.....got it back and it's still freezing and now I can 't pair it with anything....iPhone, iPad, pc which was working previously....the store won't replace it, I am seriously not happy with Nokia or Microsoft
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
NokonHayd

I am having the exact same issue. Blue tooth head set is inconsisternt in the way it connects., and is prone to locking up my phone for 10 - 20 mins. cant get into phone. very frustrating. Any answers???

Please use plain text.
Advisor
amdhunter

[ Edited ]

I saw my post in the other thread.  Apologies.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
AJGrant

I am in a similar boat. I just paired my Nokia 822 WP8 with my AVH 3400 BT Pioneer radio. Phone book integration is perfect. Phone calls work perfect. Music playlist control is broken. Can only play/pause current song that is wirelessly streaming and initiated on phone. I cannot change tracks from stereo. Stereo also does not display and details such as artist, title, genre of song that is being streamed. Checked with my HTC WP7 on the same radio. All functions, controls and details work and display correctly. This is a step back in experience. Looking to check with HTC 8X.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
AJGrant

I researched and found a solution to the problem I reported with my Lumia 822 WP8 and my Pioneer AVH - P3400BH.  After doing a design of experiements with my radio and other phones.  I found out the problem appeared to only be with my two WP8 (Nokia 822 AND HTC 8X) phones and not my WP7 (HTC Trophy).  So I decided to check Pioneers website for any solution.  There was a FW Update to several Pioneer BlueTooth enabled radios that was released 1/29/2013.  I followed the instructions and am how able to use all features of Bluetooth Music A2DP controls (Skip Tracks, Play/Pause)  as well as full Phone capabilities (Phone Book Synch, Call History, answer/hangup).  I'm so glad that Pioneer took the time to release an update on their 2012 radio instead of just focusing on their new 2013 product lineup.  I am NOW one happy customer!

Please use plain text.
aussieal

We like our NOKIA 920 so I blamed the Parrot Bluetooth units we have in 3 vehicles and portable units in another 4 vehicles. Our solution was to erase the memory on all of them, pair the 920 and now they all work fine. Hope this helps others with similar problems.

Please use plain text.
Sage
d12south

[ Edited ]

I also have a a Parrot MKi9000, Can you please confirm if the controls work?

I can hear audio and music but cant use the controls like: make call, end call, skip song, forward , rewind.

Please advise on how to clear the memory and reset.

Thanks,

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
edga

Lumia 822 bluetooth problems

[ Edited ]

Same problem with 2011 Dodge Durango. So much for hands free!
Every time I get in the car, I have to manually reconnect the bluetooth.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
KiamaraKid

I have the same problem with my Lumia 920. It will just connect to my 2005 Saab 9.3 Vectra Estate for a few seconds but then the connnection drops. I had the same problem with my Nokia N8:00 and reported it to Nokia I had a dialogue with 17 yes 17 different and 96 emails to so called technical support guys, but none of them was ever able to solve the problem.

I did some research myself and found the dropping was caused by the car wanting to sync the contacts from the phone for its own very limited contacts list. If I deleted all the contacts from my phone, the connection would be made and would stay connected. What use is a phone with no contacts? Not very, so I added the contacts back in small doses and found that at about 30 contacts the connection dropped.

It appears that Nokia have carried forward the same fault from previous phones. I suggested that they put an option into the phone that is to turn off synchronisation. Did they listen - no and so we still have the same fault being perpetuated. Will they lsten now, I expect not and we all will have bluetooth in the car that will not connect to the phone.

Nokia sometimes the customer is right and you are wrong! I even wrote an eMail to Steven Elop and he passed it on to his department heads but to no avail. The only person left is Bill Gates :-(

Ref 1129835

http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Connectivity/Bluetooth-Pairing-fails-after-S-3-Anna-update-C6-01-022...

Ref 1191965

discussions.europe.nokia.com/t5/Nseries-and-Symbian-Smartphones/N8-Bluethooth-disconnect-issue-after-ANNA-update/td-p/1191965

Please use plain text.
Contributor
deezus

If I am connected to my in car Bluetooth(jeep uconnect) and have internet sharing on at same time it will freeze up when I get out of car, Bluetooth disconnects. If I am using internet sharing while listening to audio over Bluetooth through car stereo, music skips and pops and stops playing and starts again, its horrible. If I am just streaming audio over Bluetooth I get random pops and skips continuously. Its not an app because it was doing this on a clean install no apps and a third brand new phone. This is my only issue with this phone!!
Please use plain text.
nadroj000

I've run into two different issues with bluetooth.  The first was that it would no longer connect to a motorola headset I received as a Christmas present.  This was solved pretty easily by letting the power run completely out.  Once it was recharged it was working normally (I had tried rebooting it but that did nothing.  The second is that I cannot turn on bluetiith at all.  When I go to Bluetooth under Settings, the entire section is grey'd out and will not let me turn it on.  Anyone else seen this problem?  I've turned it off and on, and then tried reseting it.  Neither have worked so far.

Please use plain text.
LeifL_SWE

I have the same problems as many of you above.

I bought my 920 at MediaMarkt one week ago, and last Friday I updated to the latest version available at least according to the Swedish homepage.

My 920 doesn't pair to (connect to) my Lumia 800, Nokia 6220, Jabra Clipper headset. I have a number of other BT units, but I think trying to pair is waste of time.

For some reason 920 connect to my Laptop Acer 3820TG 13" (Win7 HPE) but only for some minutes or seconds each time.

My question is:

Where can I find a salution to the problem(s)?

Can it be a hardware problem?

Do I have to tell the personel at MediaMarkt that they should tell the potentional customer that BT may not work properly on the new 920?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
lumiac

Exactly the same issue with my Range Rover Evoque....needs urgent fix!!!
Please use plain text.
LeifL_SWE

I have also BT problem and mine is bought at Mediamarkt in Sweden nine days ago. I have the latest Swedish(!?) update for the unit.

Then I have some minor(?) problems with the Drive+ Beta.
Please use plain text.