Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 920 bluetooth problems

ochl

Re: Lumia 920 Bluetooth problems

Same problem here pairing Lumia 920 with 2007 BMW 550i. If there is no quick solutions, I will have to switch back to iPhone.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bagaria

I am having the same issue. Had a WP7 for a while and it worked great.

With teh 920 I can pair and the audio goes through the car stereo but no address book. I have a 2008 E550 Mercedes.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Out of curiosity, what variant of the Lumia 920 have you guys got? Mine is the UK CV and I have no bluetooth issues. I suspect most if not all of you have the AT&T variant.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

arman215 wrote:

What about Lumia  920 pairing with E60? My E60 never had any problems pairing with any phone staring with old HTC Touch Pro Windows 6.1 phone, Lumia 900, iPhone..

Fortunately I still have a Nokia E60 and was able to pair it with my 920 to transfer a small JPG file. There were no issues whatsoever.

On a side note, you asked why someone elses posts were being deleted. It's because it's against forum rules to comment on speculation and rumours until Nokia have made an official announcement on the matter.

All the best.

Ray.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
cookmi1

Re: Lumia 920 bluetooth problems

I have a 2012 Chevy Equinox and a 2012 Chevy Malibu and do not have any issue's with Bluetooth connecting. I do however have a problem when i recieve a text there is no option to reply.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

There is a reply option and it is right there on the screen. Just below the received message you will see a grey box trhat says "type a new message". That is your reply box. Just tap this box and start typing. When finished, just send and it will be sent to the same person. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
rottieguy

I had Bluetooth issues with my Mazda CX-7, but I had the same issues with my iPhone3GS and this car.  I did some digging and it looks like they used an older version of Bluetooth in the firmware for the car.  Without them updating the firmware, it's always going to have issues, and I haven't seen anything about consumers being able to update thier car's firmware yet.

I have not had any issues with my Plantronic's headset and my 920.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
arman215

By E60 I  meant BMW  5 series model years 2004- 2010.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_5_Series_(E60)

I was trying to understand if Anyone was successful pairing Lumia 920 with E60 (BMW). But from this forum and wpcentral forum it looks like NO BMW car model years 2003 - 2007 at least and  maybe up to 2010  will be able to pair with Lumia 920.

I have the latest firmware  installed.

It can be checked here by entering  the  last 7 characters of the VIN  number:

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/navigation/bluetooth/bluetooth_software_update_vin.jsp

About deleted posts, I still believe  that  it's much better for someone from Nokia to respond. Any message is  better than sneak in and delete some  posts regardless if those are are speculations or  not, just by deleting them they raised the  status of those posts from speculation to something  else.

About the issue:

It's obvious that  we have a bug here:

From Lumia 920 specs:

Profiles supported by 920: A2DP 1.2, AVRCP 1.3, GAP, GAVDP 1.2, HFP 1.5, HSP 1.1, OPP, PBAP 1.0, SDAP, SPP 1.0

Windows Phone 8 supports the following Bluetooth user profiles:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2770012

• Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP 1.2)
  • Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP 1.4)
  • Hands Free Profile (HFP 1.5)
  • Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP 1.1)
  • Object Push Profile (OPP 1.1)
  • Out of Band (OOB) & Near Field Communications (NFC)

Except version  inconsistencies like WP 8 - AVRCP 1.4 and PBAP 1.1 but Lumia AVRCP 1.3 and  PBAP 1.0

on the  paper, it should  work, in reality it's a big mess...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Kirksel

I have a 2007 BMW 335i. Paring worked it but it never connects. I took it to the dealer, he did the same thing but it never connected. We experimented with a new car and it paired but would not keep the connection. Both our other phones worked fine in each vehicle. IT'S A PROBLEM WITH THE 920. Funny that we have not heard a thing about a fix. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Kirksel

Yes, I have AT&T
Please use plain text.
Advisor
arman215

I would not call that pairing worked. What it does,for some short period of time 920 says it's connected but doesn't say connected how as connected - voice...etc. At the same while Lumia claims connected if you check in your iDrive it will tell you that in can't find network and that it's searching for the Lumia which i guess yes you can say it's somewhat paired at this point since car knows about the phone but cannot see it.then shortly after that Lumia 920 will disconnect, then after few more seconds same again until car gives up.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
cookmi1

I understand it is on the phone, but usually you are asked if you want to Reply, Call or I'm done. All it says when i'm in the car is Call or I'm done, the reply option is not mentioned.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
deezus

On the phone with Nokia they dont even know that this is an issue!! Please call them directly to report issue at:

888-665-4228 Nokia call center

Please use plain text.
Vigilante0822

[ Edited ]

I apparently have a Bluetooth issue as well with my 920. It pairs correctly to my Jeep's RHB MyGig 430N Radio but it doesn't automatically reconnect to the radio after leaving and then returning to the vehicle. I have to unlock the phone and go into blue tooth settings and reselect the pairing in order for it to connect again. This is not what I had to do with my iPhone as it automatically connected every time I started my vehicle. I hope Nokia fixes this as it is a deal breaker for me to have to re-pair my phone for every trip I make in my car so I can remain hands free and driving safely.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
KingKam77

Hi,

I drive a BMW E90 and my Nokia 920 does not connect to the cars bluetooth system. Initially both 920 and my car pair for a second or two and then disconnect.

Cant this be fixed? both my previous phones connected fine with no issues.

This is a feature I really want whilst driving!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Eric49

I called Nokia and talked to their customer support.  In the middle of doing a hard reset, the phone locked up. So I went back to AT&T and got a new phone. This one has the same issues as the previous phone.  It will pair, but will not sync any data with my car's bluetooth system.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ipinsao

I'm having pairing issues with my vehicle as well 2012 Honda oddysey. I have no problems pairing my wife's Lumia 900. My old Samsung Focus pairs with no problems. The Lumia 920 pairs then keeps getting cut, the phone is on and off every 2 seconds its really annoying. I was gonna go get this phone replaced but looks like I'm not the only one having bluetooth problems with this phone.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
janely

Hi OldTrout, When the phone locks up, what status is shown in the Bluetooth control panel? Possible states are connecting, connected, connected voice, connected voice, music. If you delete the pairing with your Sennheiser MM-450 headphones and re-pair, does the phone lock up happen again?  i.e. Is this a reproducible problem?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
chapalan

[ Edited ]

I have a 2009 BMW, the issue I'm having is that while I'm using the Bluetooth audio it will suddenly drop the audio. It appears that the phone is still paired to the car but the audio no longer works. I too like this phone but need a reliable phone that works. Never had the issue with my iPhone 4.

Please use plain text.
hellboarder

Just in case Nokia collects a list of vehicles that don't work, my Lumia 920 will not connect to my 2011 VW Jetta, tried a few times with no luck.

To the guy from the UK, which firmware are you running, I just saw that Nokia has a newer firmware for CV UK in Nokia Care Suite available than we have in the US?!

Please use plain text.