Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 920 camera too bright/overexposed

JakesDK

Lumia 920 camera too bright/overexposed

Just Got my lumia 920! What a phone!!

took it out side in the daylight to shoot some pics and the screen went almost totally White!! everything very overexposed... Camera settings are set to default. Did a reset and a complete back to factory defaults reset, but same issue...? What do u Think ?

thanks

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Corporal_Hicks

Try switching the focus assist off, Go in to your camera and hit the "...". Then select "photo settings" and scroll down till you find the Focus Assist option - turn that off
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
michail71

I suspect it has to do with the metering method used my the camera.   I'm not dure what it uses.  

However, I usually have been setting my exposure somewhere between 0 and -1.  It tends to help with the over exposure.

Please use plain text.
JakesDK

[ Edited ]

thanks for replying! It actually helped at bit setting the exposure to -1. . inside the house the pics look great but outside, i only managed to shoot one good picture (see attached) all pics with same settings. the screen i almost 100% procent white outside put when i take the picture i can see the footage "ok".. Dont know whats wrong!

Jakob

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
michail71

Wow, the second one there is really over exposed!  I also see you had it set to a -2 step exposure so that really baffles me.  It took a 1/20 second exposure at ISO250.  Going off my head I'd say 1/60 (or faster) and ISO 100 or less would have been a better metering choice.  Could you have it set to "night mode"?

I think the camera is doing a full frame, or close to full frame, average.  I know my iPhone did more of a spot meter based off of the focal point.  Other iOS apps allow for independet spot point metering.

I haven't had enough experience yet with the Lumia 920 camera myself.  I expect Nokia will be doing some firmware fixes soon.  The phone hasn't been out very long and it's their flagship device at the moment.   User setting and photo options are dreadfully sparse as of now.

Please use plain text.