Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 920 can't load web page

sziszi

Lumia 920 can't load web page

We just bought 2 new Lumia920 phones and while we like the devices, we have a huge problem... A couple of web pages I need for work doesn't work.  It opens the main page but when I try to log in or open another link it just reloads the page I was on.  I'm pretty sure it's a browser compatibilty problem but I am out of ideas.  If this can't be solved I'll have to switch to a different phone :smileysad:  Thanks for any suggestions

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Probably a flash site. Flash is not supported in IE9/10 and in fact Flash is dicontinued all together for mobile applications.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Professor
caitlin1759

You don't mention which sites. I know from experience that any online banking using Mastercard secure code or a major UK bank will not load on a Lumia browser.

This has nothing to do with Flash but is connected to the fact the browser refuses to accept the site certificates as valid. The certificates are valid.

If the sites you are struggling with are banking sites or set up in a similar way to banking sites or use a self signed certificate there is no way round this, using another browser won't help.
Please use plain text.
Professor
caitlin1759

For the avoidance of doubt the sites I had problems with all worked on laptop and non Windows mobile devices . It was impossible to buy anything online from any retailer site using Secure code, from memory I couldn't get Lulu Guiness or Victoria and Albert museum online shops to work, there were others.
Please use plain text.
sziszi

That's what I thought as well, but I had an iPhone 3gs before and could access it no problem. That didn't have flash either right?

Please use plain text.
sziszi

I didn't mention the site because unfortunately you need a password to be able to get to it. Im guessing its some sort of script or java problem but i don't know much about either... If that's the case, could this be addressed later when they update the site or is it one of those permanent bummers? I did find the"requirements page" and this is what it says:

Requirements

For best results in Delta's Extranet, please use: •Windows Vista with Microsoft Internet Explorer v7.x •Windows XP with Microsoft Internet Explorer v6.x using MS Java VM • Windows XP with Internet Explorer v6.x using Sun Java v1.4 or above •Windows XP with FireFox 1.5.x and Sun Java v1.4 or above •Macintosh OS 10.3.x with Firefox v1.5 and Apple Java v1.3 (no eCrew) • Macintosh OS 10.3.x with Safari v1.3 and Apple Java v1.4 • Macintosh OS 10.3.x with IE 5.2 and Apple Java 1.3 (no eCrew) • Macintosh OS 10.3.x with Netscape v1.7 and Apple Java 1.3 (no eCrew)

Some content may require Adobe Acrobat Reader or a Flash plug-in.

For certain pages to function properly, we recommend that cookies, JavaScript, and Java be enabled in your browser preferences. Disabling any of these features or using a different or older operating system or browser may reduce or impede site functionality. Your questions regarding Help Desk support, cookies, operating systems, browser settings, and other subjects may be answered on the Help page.

Known issue: Macintosh Safari packaged with the Leopard operating system is not compatible with TravelNet. Please use Firefox until such time as the issue with this version of the Safari browser can be identified and addressed.

Please use plain text.
Professor
caitlin1759

[ Edited ]

I think for the moment it's permanent. There is a thread here specifically dealing with sites using self-signed certificates but the problem is the same as the one you're having if you want to do a search for that. The originator of that thread didn't, I think, get any solution.

It will be a script problem but I don't have a clue how you identify the exact details. You're right iPhone never supported Flash , Flash is a red herring as to why certain sites won't load.

You could drop it as a suggestion to Microsoft as something to be looked at but there's no guarantee they will pick up on it. It's a Windows OS issue rather than Nokia's.

As I said I encountered this problem on a number of retail sites and my own bank's web-site, which definitely does not require Flash.When you say the site needs a password do you mean it is a site which needs a password to be able to enter at all, not just say like Amazon where you need a password to get to your own account? If the former then I imagine you'll be running up against the problems I had with my bank where the browser simply would not accept the site certificate as valid.

Please use plain text.
Professor
KennyKB

It's probably a browser compatibility problem. What you really need is another browser other than IE. Does UC Browser work on WP8? Otherwise there is no solution until Miscrosoft allows other browsers into the Store.

Please use plain text.
Professor
caitlin1759

UC Browser works on WP7 so I assume it works on,8. It's considerably better than native browser but I still couldn't get the sites which were causing me problems to load.
Please use plain text.
sziszi

Yeah I actually tried that uc browser app as well and for a moment gave me hope because it looked like it was loading a different screen saying something about "checking for JavaScript" but then it just refreshed back to where I

started.l appreciate your guy's insights but since I can't function without this site it's a shame I'll have to switch phones for something that seems so insignificant...

Please use plain text.