Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 920 deletes email

MinivanNinja

Lumia 920 deletes email

i have a Lumia 920 that I currently love, however I notice that everytime I plug it into my computer to transfer files (photos, music, etc) that it deletes all the email I had in my inbox. I think it may be related to me downloading my email onto my laptop. I would prefer to be in control as to when messages get deleted off my phone as I often have several that I need to hang onto for some length of time and refer back to often. Is there something in the settings that would fix this (such as an option to leave the messages on the server)? I understand that using my email client would remove email from the server, but when I download messages to my phone first, I expect them to stay on my phone until I choose to delete it.

Please use plain text.
MinivanNinja

Re: Lumia 920 deletes email

It's when I download to my laptop. Why should this delete mail from my phone???

It isn't even plugged into my computer when this happens.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Hi there Minivanninja,

Are you sure that what's happening is that when you delete messages from your email account (when accessing from your laptop), that the phone isn't automatically syncing with your computer to reflect the changes? As far as I know, the two match and there isn't any setting that would change this on the phone itself. Unless you go into Email on the phone and into Settings, and un-check the "Content to sync - email" button, and change "Download new content" to Daily.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Siddiquebirgonj

Need stop my auto setting? How to close all auto setting.need permanetly stop auto setting.
Please use plain text.