Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 920 fails to start. Error message: "Windows ...

darube
Accepted Solution

Lumia 920 fails to start. Error message: "Windows failed to start"

My 8 months old Lumia 920 suddenly drained on battery and now fails to start despite being connected to the charger. I have tried both soft and hard reboot, with and without SIM. I get a DOS-style error message stating "Windows failed to start" . It keeps rebooting but still ending up in the same error message every minute or so.

Any suggestions on what to do?

thanks

Fred

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Re: Lumia 920 fails to start. Error message: "Windows failed to start"

[ Edited ]

As you have followed advice in this resource it seems that it is now time to return device to a Nokia Care facility unfortunately: http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Nokia-Lumia/Nokia-Lumia-920-shut-itself-off-and-now-won-t-turn-on/m-...

Is there any reaction if if you connct device switched off via USB to PC?

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
darube

Re: Lumia 920 fails to start. Error message: "Windows failed to start"

hi, I agree it's some non-fixable sw issue...too bad. connecting it to my pc just re-start the reboot cycle...

Please use plain text.