Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 920 frozen

sploshh
Accepted Solution

Lumia 920 frozen

Obviously this seems to be a common problem with the phone of which I was unaware of before purchase.

The situation I am in...

Phone has frozen mid text message and screen is still on but unresponsive but the back, windows and search buttons still vibrate when touched. 

I would simply turn it on and off again but the side buttons are also unresponsive... Well if they are I can't tell due to the screen not responding.

The phone is on Orange/EE and new 2 weeks ago

Thanks in advance :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: Lumia 920 frozen

Try holding the down volume key and power/lock button at the same time for 10 seconds or so, this should force it to reboot.
Please use plain text.
sploshh

You hero. If i ever know or meet you... I owe you a pint.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Cheers :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
sploshh

Okay now a new issue on reboot.....

Firstly the date is wrong (7th of december)... oh well!

Secondly I can call and text okay but as i hit the send button the message sends but simply dissapears never to be seen again on the screen... Simularly with incoming texts.... I recieve a text and it appears on the top of the screen then once I go into my messages its simply not there, but the name that sent it is highlighted... but the message just isnt there?!

Any ideas?

Thanks agan :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Make sure you've changed the year as well as the date because those being wrong will make messages behave weirdly.
Please use plain text.
sploshh

...... two pints!!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

My favourite currency :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
bignbullish

You saved me from a lot of trouble! Thanks for the tip.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ihopson

My l920 is shutting itself off every night on charge , i have zero apps installed ,because one discussion said it could be an app causing the shutdown . Had to soft reset ,sick of the lumia , wonderful mobile phone let down by Microsoft
Please use plain text.
Jalpatine

My Lumia 920 freezes it self once and a while.

This piece of plastic is packet with features but...

I.E. I missed a very important moment today when my sons hockey team won and "there is a sight to take a pic of" Supprise. The **bleep**ing camera won't start!!!
Please use plain text.
ppsaltis

sploshh wrote:

Obviously this seems to be a common problem with the phone of which I was unaware of before purchase.

The situation I am in...

Phone has frozen mid text message and screen is still on but unresponsive but the back, windows and search buttons still vibrate when touched. 

I would simply turn it on and off again but the side buttons are also unresponsive... Well if they are I can't tell due to the screen not responding.

The phone is on Orange/EE and new 2 weeks ago

Thanks in advance :smileyhappy:

Hey, i have got the same problem for a long time...

First off all i bought the phone from EE orange, with no contract only the headset... Unfortunately they promised me for unlocked phone after 3 months when i bought it, but they didn't and i have to wait 6 months..

In addition i discover the same problems as you.
I tried a couple of times (holding the down volume key and power button) but the problem is fixing temporarily... I can't use the phone at all. If a try to open the settings it says Loading... and logged me out to the main menu.. If i try open the camera fb, twitter, try to send msg, whatever the phone is freezing and then a message appear say Loading and it log me out to the main...

I have the latest version of WP8. Lumia 920 is so nice phone but unfortunately i can't use it at all.

I already change it once on January for battery issues and now i descoverd new problems..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Diski4

I didn't that and it worked. Thanks guys

Please use plain text.
garen_soad

hi, i have same problem, have tried soft and hard reset many time and theres no way back!!! plz help it happend just 2 days after i bought it!

Please use plain text.
ianbawisyd

Hi guy's. I am another unhappy user of this phone.

It randomly resets itself and gets to the NOKIA login screen and just sits there. Many a time it has done this whilst being in my pocket and when i go to make a call, there it is on the screen NOKIA! I have to reset it so i can use it. Yes it starts up with the production date( I guess), September 21 2012. I have since lost all my photos and data.

Now, NOKIA sent me a message, after i complained on their facebook page, stating that i need to come to this page and discuss it! Funny thing is that, between this page and alot of other forums, there seems to a common problem here!

I will be taking mine to an optus store today for them to check it and possibly give me another one.

My wife just laughs and says that i should have got an APPLE(shudder, BAAH,shudder).

NOKIA is welcome to email me about this problem. I love this phone as i have with all my previous NOKIA phones but i don't love this aspect of it!

Please use plain text.
ianbawisyd

I just read a peice if info from this website.

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/409163/20121128/random-reboots-reported-afflict-nokia-lumia-920.htm#....

It seems that the restart problem isn't just NOKIA's but in fact all windows 8 phones!

Please use plain text.