Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 920 hangs up and not possible to shut down

Contributor
Nicolas_H

Lumia 920 hangs up and not possible to shut down

Rejected a call after one signal and then the phone hangs up totally. Not possible to shut down even when holding shut down button for more than 60 seconds.

The display shows "Ending call..."

When I press windows button I still get a reaction from vibrator bit nothing happens.

If i plug a USB cable to a computer it syncs, but the display is still frozen.

Bluetooth headset, BH-806, still connects but no reaction from the phone (I can hear connect tone in the headset)

The phone is now getting really warm, which cant be too good for the battery.

Tried to call Nokia support 10 times now..."All lines busy"...

Anybody knows how to reset and shut down and restart a Lumia 920 that does not react to pressing the power button more than 10 sec?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: Lumia 920 hangs up and not possible to shut down

Try holding the volume down key down whilst pressing the power button for 10 seconds.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Bays

My Lumia 920 also has a crash problem, after i opened photo apps and in the same time open browser, my lumia hangs, shut down, and cannot start up again. 

But this problem solved after I did a reset, by pressing volume down and power button in the same time for about 10 second (this tips already in the manual book).

The lumia would restart for awhile and start again.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

hi mate,

have you checked that you have installed all the Nokia system apps in the Store on your 920? if you have performed a soft reset, and are still experiencing issues with your phone, then you need to perform a hard reset (Settings > About > Reset your phone). Bear in mind that this does wipe all personal data, so make a backup of all your personal data to PC and / or online storage first.

Failing this, you will need to take your phone to your local Nokia Care point for inspection: http://nokia.com/support
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Daniel_na

I DO EXPERIENCE THE SAME PROBLEM IN LAST WEEK. TODAY, MY PHONE WAS TOTALLY DIED. I TRIED TO FIX IT THIS WHOLE AFTERNOON. AFTER ALL PROCESS, I RESETTED IT, SEE WHAT'S GOING OB TOMORROW. VERY BAD EXPERIENCE.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
chendilk

My Lumia 920 suddenly started hanging and then went dead. I saw this post, pressed the POWER button AND the VOLUME button for 15 secs and VOILA ! It's up and running ! Thanks a ton Psychomania !
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ayushwalia

Hi Nicolas, 

In such situations, you should always try a soft reset of the phone. Your phone data will remain intact in this scenario.

Just press and hold Volume Down + Power button for 10 seconds until you feel a vibration.

Best Regards,
Ayushmaan
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post has helped you in any way, you can show some appreciation by clicking the star below :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
SargeT

After this soft reset time and date get reset, too. I've got rid of wrist watch since my 3330 almost 13 years ago, but 3330 have been completely reliable while my 920 hangs up once or twice a month. Is there any way to fix that so the time stays correct? Even my old laptop gets BSOD max once a year and this doesnt affect on time, date or other bios parameters.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Omar920

I also had the same problem with my Lumai that when I was gaming the tuch system stopped and not working, then I solved it with your instruction 

thanks so much.

Please use plain text.