Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 920 music files won't play

shamus920

Lumia 920 music files won't play

I have transferred music files from one of my i-tunes on a Windows 7 laptop and these play ok. But when I have dropped & dragged files from i-tunes from an XP (s3) laptop I can see the files in my music folder on my Lumia 920, but can't access them from the phone.

Any help would be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ashishmohta

Re: Lumia 920 music files won't play

Whats the format ?

WPXBOX.COM
Please use plain text.
shamus920

Both sets of files in m4a format

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

Have you put those files in default music folder where you had put previously?
Please use plain text.
shamus920

Both sets of files show in default 'My Music' file, and look identical, but files transfered from XP machine don't show up on phone
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
rich

Are they protected? So when playing on the pc is it via the Win iTunes app?

Also try syncing them to the phone via Win Media player

Please use plain text.
rakeshlumia

I have similar issues, yesterday night I 2gb of high quality music in my phone but none of them showed up in music player....please help me.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

@rakeshlumia by "high quality" music is it flac files? I hope you would have compatible music files as windows phone 8 doesn't support playback of FLAC codecs....Lumia 920 only supports playback of some audio/video files as mentioned here:
http://www.developer.nokia.com/Devices/Device_specifications/Lumia_920/
Please use plain text.
rakeshlumia

yes I have flac collection of Beatles discography downloaded from internet....do you know any music player app which can play those files?? I don't want to listen low quality music.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

Don't think there is an app available which can play flac files AFAIK....btw no offence meant but you can always download songs from mix radio of your favorite singer no?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

or there is always the option of converting FLAC to mp3 or other format, but unfortunately you will take a hit in audio quality, which probably defeats the purpose of having FLAC in the first place.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.