Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 920 not charging after battery dead

skandalouz
Accepted Solution

Lumia 920 not charging after battery dead

Hi all,

I have bought a yellow lumia 920 last january. During the first weeks of using it I let the battery drain untill the phone just turned off, and I was able to turn it on by connecting it to the charger. Last month I received the Portico update, and some time after that I let the battery drain again. This time, however, the phone didn't turn on by connecting it to the charger. It just showed an empty battery icon. A lot of effort and a couple of resets were needed to get some response and turn it back on. Last week, the phone died again and it wouldn't charge. But this time it wouldn't even reset. I tried a couple of reset techniques, I even tried the 'hold volume down while connecting to the charger'. The first time this showed an exclamation mark as it should, any time after that it didn't and just kept rebooting. Somehow I got the phone tot turn on by removing the sim card and inserting it again. Somewhere in the process I was looking at rotating gears for over an hour, and the phone was completely wiped.

Now, there's obviously something wrong and I don't wan't this every time the battery dies, but has anyone experienced this? Can this be fixed by reflashing some firmware, or should I return the phone?

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Re: Lumia 920 not charging after battery dead

its not really advised to let the battery run down to zero for any electronic device. i made that mistake twice on my 920 and ran into same issues (except didnt have to reset), but it took a while before it got enough juice to turn on. anyways, in comparison to yours, this behaviour you describe isn't normal.

my recommendation is to backup any personal data that you have, and perform a hard reset. failing that, you will need to take your phone back to your point of purchase, or if they are being less than helpful, to Nokia Care: http://nokia.com/support
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

As stated by adrianhughes never let the battery run down completely .. and yes, users have reported on this Forum that they had to wait in excess of 45 minutes after putting the phone on charging to get it Powered ON when the phone switched off due to Battery running out .....

Please use plain text.
skandalouz

I realise it is not advised, but this should not mean the device won't turn on again just in case it runs out. I've been getting different results, one after a reset where it just booted after connecting to the charger. Now I have my apps installed again I'm waiting again. I'll see how it turns out and if im waiting the entire day I'll send it back. Thank you both for your replies.

Please use plain text.
820userlebanon

This happens to me only when I use a charger that is not the one shipped with the phone

Please use plain text.
Solace

I am facing a very similar problem with Lumia 620. When the battery goes down and the mobile switches off, it doesnot turn on after charging for approximately two hours. It takes 8 hrs around to charge the mobile and in 3-4 hrs, mobile is again discharged.

The Nokia care service is pathetic. First, I went to Lajpat Nagar, New Delhi. They said it could be a software issue and reinstalled in mobile (All data lost). It did not solve anything. Then I went to LKO so I gave my mobile at Indira Nagar service center. They again just reinstalled the device and said that it will resolve the issue. I got infuriated this time and told them to properly check the device and give it to me. So they kept the device and said that charger is working properly. They did not take the charger. After three days, they called and said that mobile has been repaired. I went home and checked. Nothing was ok. It was still not getting charged. I again went to the care center. This time they said to submit the charger and wait four 10-12 days. They should have submitted everything at once and handed me back the device only when everything was resolved. Pathetic mobile and pathetic services. Its my advice to everybody "Donot buy Nokia Lumia mobiles if you want a peaceful Life". Nokia managers, if you are reading this, kindly improve the quality of your products and services, else I dont see anyway Nokia would survice in this mobile market.  

Please use plain text.