Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 920 not reconnecting to wifi

Advisor
gotnoid

Lumia 920 not reconnecting to wifi

When I go out of range from my router and come back in range the WiFi does not reconnect. When I try it says connection unsuccessful. When I deleted the network profile and readded it, it says invalid password. This resolves as soon as I restart the phone. This is really irritating.

please help.
Please use plain text.
jnowrang

Having the same or similar problem.  Once wi-fi connectivity drops, have a hard time connceting.  Sometimes turning off and back on works, sometimes not.  Sometimes unplugging the router on/off works most of the time.  But I can only do that at home.  Ridiculous to ask others, can you please reset your router so I can connect.

Well, if someone posts what can be done to correct this, it would be appreciated.

thanks

Please use plain text.
Advisor
gotnoid

The weird part is that it used to work fine. It stopped working properly recently.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

have you double-checked that in the WiFi settings in the Settings menu, that you have "Automatically connect to Wi-Fi hotspots" enabled? also try performing a soft reset (pressing the volume down and power buttons together until the phone vibrates).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Advisor
gotnoid

The automatically connect is enabled, does the soft reset remove any data?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

gotnoid wrote:
The automatically connect is enabled, does the soft reset remove any data?

It doesn't.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
gotnoid

It did not help, one more thing I want to add to the observations is that, when I am connected to a wifi network and i move out of reange the phone still shows that its connected to the network. When i go into the range of another wifi, my phone is still stuck on the old wifi connection. I have to disable wifi and re enable it to search for networks. 

It all very frustrating.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
gotnoid

I am thinking this has something to do with switching from timewarner to ATT, for my home internet. As a part of the switch my Apple router has been replaced with a 2WIRE for the wifi at home. I will go home and see if replacing with Apple wifi will help.
Please use plain text.