Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 920 rebooting when I try to put music in...

Debareis

Lumia 920 rebooting when I try to put music in it

Hello! I just got my lumia 920 today and it was working fine until I tryed to connect it to my computer to put some music in it. I installed the Windows Phone app and soon I got to a sycing option. I selected the music I wanted and pressed to sync. Instantly the phone died and started again, stopping the sync. I tryed again and the same thing happened. Then I tryed just dragging the music into the cellphone, without using the app, and the problem persisted. The only way I got to transfer a few songs was by dragging one by one, and even like this the phone eventually rebooted. What can I do about it?

Please use plain text.
Professor
garym11

Re: Lumia 920 rebooting when I try to put music in it

I would do a soft reset on the phone and a PC reboot.

A Lumia soft reset is like pulling the battery, no data is lost.

Press the volume down and power button simultaneously and hold till the phone vibrates, release the buttons. The phone will turn off and restart.

Connect them again. Try to transfer again. Go to the device manager to check for yellow exclamation marks for unidentified hardware.

If you have any come back

Please use plain text.
Debareis

Is it possible to be a corrupted song or something causing the crash? Because I noticed it would aways crash when a especific album was transfering. I excluded it from the list and was able to sync. Thanks for the soft reset tip though.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

not sure that it could be a song doing it. perhaps try using a different USB cable and also ensuring that both ends of the cable are firmly plugged in and not nudged by anything while you are performing the sync.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.