Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 920 - speakerphone calls with audio cable pl...

Counsellor
michail71

Lumia 920 - speakerphone calls with audio cable plugged in??

I'm not sure if this is a bug or by design but if I have my 920 plugged into my car audio AUX and I take a call using the speakerphone the call audio droppes to the phone.  If I take it off speakerphone the audio then comes out through my car system.  

Is there some sort of setting available or can this be fixed?  Call audio should always go to the line out if it is plugged in. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Re: Lumia 920 - speakerphone calls with audio cable plugged in??

Hi mate,

This is a logical design for any phone. There is no point having audio coming out from the phone loudspeaker AND the car speakers, as that could deafen the user. The AUX acts the same way as if headphones / earphones were plugged into the phone. You wouldn't want to be on speakerphone and hearing the person through the earphones while on a call, would you?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
michail71

I think it may just be something going on differently with my iPhone microphone.  I could hold a call with it going through the car audio and picking up through the phone microphone.  With the Lumia the other person can't hear me when I don't have it set to speakerphone but then I can't hear them as well.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Hmmm now that you mention it like that, it should be working as you have just stated with the iPhone. I'm not too sure if this is a Nokia issue or a Microsoft (WP8 platform) issue. As this is a user to user forum only, you can leave feedback with Nokia by clicking the Nokia Support link at the bottom of this page.

To leave feedback with Microsoft, visit here:

http://windowsphone.uservoice.com
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
michail71

I will contact support as well.

Sometimes though a public posting gets better notice than a support ticket.  Often products designers, executives and developers will silently read these things :smileyhappy:.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Fingers crossed my friend :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Iepoc

I don't this is a design for a phone. Any phone I have ever used with Aux allows you to connect it and use the volume to adjust the sound from the phone just like a CD. CD players that where external in the past did the same thing. You connect it turn the sound up on the player then adjust the audio. The phone doesn't... The phone audio sinks to 0 when you try to turn it up it jumps 1 then back to 0. You turn the volume up in the car while a song is playing you get nothing. 

This is either a flaw with the phone or the diver for the aux sending to a car setero is not working properly. No phone make or model I have owned has ever done this. 

I have the same issue with a Griffin aux cable.. 

Please use plain text.