Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 920 stuck on turning cog wheels

Contributor
gwc_333

Lumia 920 stuck on turning cog wheels

[ Edited ]

Looking for some help and advice on restarting my phone - I remotely erased it and since then all I get on the screen is the turning cog wheels.

What can I do?  It has run all night like this and powered off, when connected back to the mains, the cog wheels continued to turn

Any help or advice would be useful

Moderator's note: We have edited your post. A more appropriate subject was provided.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Re: Lumia 920 stuck on turning cog wheels

You can try the following before taking it to a Nokia Care point for service.

Press and hold the Volume down and Power buttons for 12 seconds until the phone vibrates. This will hopefully reboot the phone. If not then try the following:- 

Press and hold the Volume down + Power + Camera buttons until phone vibrates then release the power key but continue to hold the volume down and camera buttons for a further five seconds then release.

If the phone sticks on the Nokia logo then try turning off the phone and removing the SIM. Then plug it into the wall charger for an hour and try switching it back on without the SIM inserted.

If none of the above works then it's a visit to Nokia Care I'm afraid.

http://nokia.com/support

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

The 'pull battery'simulation on Windows Phone 8 is to press POWER and VOLUME down for about ten seconds.

This will behave as if you take the battery out and re-insert. The phone will be off after this. You can try to switch on.

If this does not help you can reset the phone, This WILL ERASE ALL USER DATA! USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

1. press POWER AND VOLUME DOWN to turn phone off

2. press POWER AND VOLUME DOWN again until an exclamation mark (!) appears

3. press in sequence VOLUME UP >VOLUME DOWN > POWER > VOLUME DOWN

The phone should now reset and reboot.

If any of these steps are not successful it must be returned to Nokia for repair, see the support page for repair registration info and procedures

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
net196938

thankyou for this worked 1st time
Please use plain text.
Redwolf1313

I been tried unsuccesfully all options available to reset my phone and always after the initial vibration a big battery logo with a red thin line appears. Does that means something ? Thank you.

Please use plain text.