Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 920 tethering problem

Advisor
Carchathoth

Lumia 920 tethering problem

[ Edited ]
Four weeks ago my 920 tethering (sharing internet) worked just fine. Connecting my iPad with 920.

Now tethering does not work anymore. iPad finds my 920 and connects in it. 920 finds out my iPad as visitor like always. However exploring internet (with ipad safari) does not work. Also many apps does not find internet at all. Some of them seems to work though. This is strange. Looks like router or something is messed up.

After it worked, my phone received some Nokia updates. I've heard from some people that they might be reason for this. I tryed to hard reset my phone and couple other things. Friend of mine has Nokia Lumia 610 and my iPad connects normally with it. So problem has to be in my 920 and it appeared recently.

Can someone help with me in this problem. Its holiday season and would be nice to use internet
In holiday trip.

Thanks
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

Re: Lumia 920 tethering problem

If some pages work, your network operator is the problem. Try whether IPv6 is an issue and check the IP address you got. For example, try Wireshark’s IP version test page. If IPv6 is red my idea was wrong. However, is IPv4 red?

Please use plain text.