Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 920 with a vertical cyan line on screen

Contributor
phanductrieu
Accepted Solution

Lumia 920 with a vertical cyan line on screen

A vertical cyan line on screen of my Lumia 920, what can I do?

May I exchange for another Lumia 920:smileysad:?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

[ Edited ]

Can you post a photo?
Did this just appear or was it there from day 1 if so i would return device to point of purchase.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Contributor
phanductrieu

The line is very thin, and it's had just appear on my lumia, nothing appear when I take a screenshot, I try to take a photo by using my computer camera but it hard to see it.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

When does this appear or is it constantly there?

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Contributor
phanductrieu

It is constantly there, and I don't know why!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Bring it back so dont forget proof of purchase and let us know how you get on.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Contributor
phanductrieu

I'll, thanks.

Please use plain text.
dratwister

[ Edited ]

I guess you're living in VietNam right now cause I heard a lot of complaints about this vertical line on their 920 (my friend's having this issue too, he's using a white Lumia).

The weird thing is that seem like only VietNam 920 have this issue, and that appears just after a week, many of them, at the same time, I guess. They're screaming in VietNam without any support from Nokia, that's the main thing which can pulls Nokia down in VietNam, 700$ isn't a small number and all you get is a faulty device after just a week of using.

If you don't believe me, go to any forum about Lumia 920 in VietNam and you can see a flood of complaint topics.

Here's my friend's device picture. He has to send his phone to Nokia Care to "detect problem", spent 700$ (about full 3 months of average salary) to get a phone which can only work right for a week.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Too assume the OP is living in a country due his to issue is OTT.
These and similar issue can occur anywhere in the world.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
dratwister

[ Edited ]

Well, I don't know, his name's VietNamese's name and I can only find the vertical line issue complaint from here, in VietNam (I'm VietNamese too).

But so, back to the thread, the picture describes clearly the problem, doesn't it? If you want more, I can give the link to a whole topic of it.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

I know about it but it does not restrict the issue to one country.
But its good to see people post up photos of issues as it helps so well done to both of you for that.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Richie_86

How did you get on with the blue line? My phone has the same thing. Very annoying for a new phone. Pretty disappointed in phone. I emailed Nokia support, still waiting for there feedback, they take way to long to respond. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
triumvirant

I also had this issue.  Strangely enough, it happened after I set my theme to Cyan.  I woke up the next morning and had the vertical line in the same place as the OP.

After lengthy conversations with the supervisor of the supervisor of the supervisor of the customer service rep, ATT is sending me a new phone.

To be clear, they offered to replace it initially with no hassle, but they wanted to replace with a factory refurbished unit.  As my phone was less than 30 days old, I did not consider this acceptable.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
majlb74

My lumia920 is showing the same cyan line which appeared today, 1month after buying it! I'm extremely disappointed.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Adiaz

Im having the same cyan line on my screen, and i bought my phone ecaxtly one month ago! what can we do? I bought it from the US AT&T

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
HieroGLFX

It happened to my black Lumia 920 a couple days ago and I just got the phone about 2 months ago. I'll go to AT&T and see if they can replace it under warranty.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

@Adiaz and @HieroGLFX
Bring it back to store and dont forget receipt.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Adiaz

I will like to do that, but I dont live at the US, so can you give me anoher solution beacuse I dont want to lose my warranty.. And my nokia lumia is having another problem, suddenly it turns off and stays off randomly so I am forced to use the three button solution.. Help me eith these please because I really love nokia, i can say I am a fanboy but I am really disappointed right now.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
majlb74

I took my phone to store and after they checked on it their reply was that they have to send it to the main workshop in order to fix/replace the screen which could take up to 10 days! So now I have to stay without a smartphone for more than 10 days since I am travelling in 2 days (which means I'll have to ask a friend the favor of picking it up and sending it to me by express courier) LOL How convenient... Then I'm wondering why should I have my 1 month old phone opened up and repaired?! Will it be really fixed or will I have the same problem later on? Shouldn't they replace it for me?

I really regret buying the Lumia 920...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
JuSaK

I also have the same problem, very thin vertical line. I bought my 920 less than a month ago.

Very dissapointed. Btw, I'm in Indonesia, maybe the defected screen manufactured by the same company.

I'll bring it to Nokia center asap.

Please use plain text.