Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 920 won't send/receive pics via SMS from iPh...

Registered Member
irishsongbird

Lumia 920 won't send/receive pics via SMS from iPhone

I love my Nokia Lumia 920 phone.  However, I can no longer send text messages with pictures attached or receive text messages with pictures.

When someone sends me a picture, I get "Get Media Content Now", and I click it and it seems to think about it, but doesn't ever download anything.

When I try to send a picture, it won't send it, and I keep get the "Try Again" link.

Doesn't work on wi-fi or over the network. It last worked on 4/5/13.

Thanks,

Robin

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Re: Lumia 920 won't send/receive pics via SMS from iPhone

Either you changed carrier or changes settings for MMS or the iPhone user switched to iMessage which (big surprise) only works between iPhones..

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nkl920

I have never been able to get my 920 to send or receive texts with pics.  I get a "Can't send message Try again" message when I try to send and when I try to receive by selecting the message "Get media contect now" it "dings" after 30 seconds or so as if it finished but no content arrives...

I have had one person say they did a hard reset on their phone and it started working but you lose all contacts, photos, text messages, etc. so you have to back everything up first which is easy for the photos, videos, etc.  but a full phone backup of all settings, etc..  does not appear to be a very well thought out function.  Unlike the iPhone which has a simple backup and restore feature to a PC, the Nokia Windows phone requires the use of a Windows account but still does not provide a straightforward method for a full phone backup and restore..  Skydrive allow for auto-synch of photos, videos, etc. but not contacts.  There is an email synch available that would synch email contacts which possibly is also your phone contacts but is not clear about that...  Overall it seems to be an ongoing problem regarding sending pics via sms. 

Another 2 people told me they were able to change the settings under "cellular" for the network type being used and they were successful sending/receiving content via text but I have tried all settings and that did not work for mine...  I have searched unsuccessfully for a good solution and Nokia does not address this problem  nor does Microsoft.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

nkl920 wrote:

I have never been able to get my 920 to send or receive texts with pics.  I get a "Can't send message Try again" message when I try to send and when I try to receive by selecting the message "Get media contect now" it "dings" after 30 seconds or so as if it finished but no content arrives...

Maybe try opening Settings > access point and see if your carrier settings are activated. It is well known some carriers (such as Virgin UK) use non standard settings.. Solutions to this are floating around here as well.

Skydrive allow for auto-synch of photos, videos, etc. but not contacts.  There is an email synch available that would synch email contacts which possibly is also your phone contacts but is not clear about that...

Actually Your contacts are synced to their respective accounts, in case of your microsoft account that would be http://contacts.live.com or log in to outlook.com or skydrive.com and select PEOPLE from the top left menu..

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ValterAnton

This is a BIG issue in Norway as well.
I bought my 920 at thursday, a giant leap for NOKIA - a small problem for me.
Two things;
- cant send MMS. Long massages to several people in a group or messages with pictures in it.
- there are no FM radio in this phone. (The only one thing that was greate, and worked properly, in my old N8)

MMS issue. I watched the NOKIA fb page. They told other ones that they could download an app regarding Network setup from the Markedplace an NOKIA Collection.
I couldnt find such an app? Irritating. I have been connecting the reseller and my phone company. No one seemed to be abel to fix this problem

Tommy S.
Norwegian Lumia 920 owner
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

maybe try and read other posts here such as the one above yours..

---

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jaesm

I know this is an old topic but I think folks are missing the easiest possible solution to the problem.

Is your Lumia's cellular data turned on? If it's off like I keep it to save on battery, you WON'T be able to send or receive pics via MMS.

To check go to settings/cellular/data connection ... it probably is set to "off".

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nwsc

Just done what you said - and suprise suprise - still wont send or receive picture messages!

M Palmer

http://www.north-west-oriental-cats.co.uk
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ronaldb4

Turning settings>cellular>data on from being off worked for me.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

As pointed out before you need data for mms,so you need to check that you have data activated on your device,and you need to speak to your provider to ensure you have a data plan in operation.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.