Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 925 charging issue - phone turns off

Lavinia

Lumia 925 charging issue - phone turns off

hey guys!

so i bought the Lumia 925 yesterday, and since then i've recharged it twice and i've noticed an issue. when i plug in the usb cable the phone turns off, although the battery wasn't drained. and i can't turn it on either, after pressing the power button i just get that image with the red battery charging and the phone eventually turns itself on after like 20 minutes.

is this normal? anyone else experiencing this?

thank you in advance!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: Lumia 925 charging issue - phone turns off

Are you using the usb cable and charger that came with the phone? Have you tried charging with another cable and charger?

This behaviour is not normal. If the phone is on when you connect the charging usb cable, the phone should just chime to let you know it is charging and continue to work and charge at the same time.  

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

It certainly isn't normal. Not only should the phone just chime if switched on when you connect the charger, but if switched off it should switch itself on.

It could be that a reset will solve this. Press and hold both the "volume down" and "power/lock" keys simultaneously for 20 seconds or so. The phone should vibrate and boot. You might have to set the clock to the right time after this.

If that doesn't solve your problem then your best course of action is to take the phone back where you bought it and have it replaced as DOA.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Lavinia

thanks for responding, guys! and for the tips, if the problem persists, i'll do the reset, and if that won;t solve it i'll take it back.

yep, i'm using the original charger and usb cable that came with the phone. i must mention that the battery was critically low, then i turned on the battery saver mode, and if i remember correctly the estimation time said it would be running less than an hour till full drainage.

also, i;ve noticed that it is slightly hard to insert and take out the cable out of the usb port, but i would guess that;s normal?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

[ Edited ]

It can be a bit of a tight squeeze sometimes, yes. It's nothing to worry about.

Don't wait too long to have it replaced. Past a certain time (I don't know how long, it varies from place to place) they'll no longer exchange it but send it off for repairs instead.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Papsudhan

Thanks a lot, the tip to restart makes my Lumia 925 back to action :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.