Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 925 frozen!!!

Contributor
et3rnal
Accepted Solution

Lumia 925 frozen!!!

Hi,

My lumia 925 just frozen today while I was on a call! it only shows that icon (check the attachment)

I tried to hold the power button! but no respond?

Please help

Please use plain text.
Contributor
et3rnal

Re: Lumia 925 frozen!!!

Hi again,

I just tried holding the lower volume button + the power and it restarted successfully

But why did that happen!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Unfortunately this doesn't set any precedent as a number of recent Nokia Lumia devices have had unpredictable issues upon their very first software release, which I am sure will be resolved in later update. 

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lerows

The picture shows the protective film and silicone covers? Check the side keys (volume up/down) are free.
The lighting bolt and wheel appear every time while the volume up key is pressed down during a phone bootup. To get it out of this mode, press and hold volume down and power keys together. This can happen with all WP8 devices.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
et3rnal

Thanks guys, all clear now.

I'm still waiting for an update, as the reviews showing some options I dont have yet like the one on the glance screen

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
DanielLumia

Thankyou so much for the tip on how to re-set the phone (hold volume down and power button)

My phone was also frozen, two weeks after purchase. It meant that my alarm did not wake me and I was late for a meeting this morning! Now working again. You saved me a trip to the a Optus phone shop.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
avrmenon

Thank you for the solution. The hard reset worked when my Lumia 925 froze this morning. Got some work now to get my mails and contacts back from the cloud. But, why did this happen?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
robeno

My Nokia Lumia 925 is frozen - The only thing on the screen is the NOKIA logo. I've tried switching it on and off but it doesnt want to. What else can i do?

Please use plain text.
Professor
viewfelt

Try a soft reset, ie... press volume down key + power key simultaneously for at least 10 secs. Your device will vibrate and restart.
Sent from my Nokia X
Please use plain text.