Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 928 $25 credit...how do I get it?

bartonhen
Accepted Solution

Lumia 928 $25 credit...how do I get it?

I just purchased the 928 today but cannot seem to find any information concerning how to receive the $25 credit they were offering. Nokia's 928 landing page lists the special offer but when you click on it you are taken to a third party site that handles their special promotions (or something like that). I've also done multiple internet searches with no positive results. Has anyone had any luck with this? Verizon didn't offer me anything.

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
TrevMatic

Re: Lumia 928 $25 credit...how do I get it?

Uhh yeah, ditto! Where's my $25?

TS
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
tiny_chef

Hi bartonhen and TrevMatic!

Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions!

Have you tried contacting Verizon about the $25 credit offering? You can reach them through these channels:

Twitter: @VZWSupport

For more info about the Terms and Condition of the offering, visit this link: http://wp.promo.eprize.com/app/

Cheers!

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MrPringlz

I have the same problem and contacted Verizon already. They had no idea what I was talking about and said "well, it should be in the box then......"

so did either of you figure out how to get your credit?

Please use plain text.
TrevMatic

I will have mine in about 2 hours (its on the shipping truck) Hopefully the credit is either in the box or something because when I talked to verizon when I ordered it, they had no idea what I was talking about. The verizon customer care rep googled it and said it must be in the box...hmmm....So what is the official word on this, Nokia?

TS
Please use plain text.
TrevMatic

Thanks for the link! I think I got it! Much appreciated! 

TS
Please use plain text.
LogicDev

I just purchased a Lumia 928.  Same thing, nothing about $25 MS Store credit.  I only knew about it because I read the Window Phone Central Blog.  I had to do an internet search and found your link here (http://wp.promo.eprize.com/app/).  That link worked.  I was required to provide email address, purchase location, and IMEI number from the side of the product box. About 10 minutes later I recieved an email with a Gift Card Code in the form of: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX.   EMail instructions told me to open Wallet App on Phone, add account (+) and enter the Gift Card Code.  All that worked well.

With that said, I think it is outragous that Nokia promises a $25 MS Store credit but hides the fact and how to redeem it.  Nowhere in the product box, or Verizon provided materials, was there any mention or instructions.  Seriously, who dropped the ball on this one?

Also the included Verizion instructions to activate the phone where incorrect, so it took me 40 minutes to do a simple 3 minute task.  I'll submit that information under the appropriate message thread.  No point in me telling Verizon; they are far to buearocratic for that information to get to the right people. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
yasfer21

Verizon probably failed to inform their employees. As the promotion is specific to a product that "must" be purchased from Verizon, they should be the one to handle the redemption.

Please use plain text.
LogicDev

yasfer21 wrote:

Verizon probably failed to inform their employees. As the promotion is specific to a product that "must" be purchased from Verizon, they should be the one to handle the redemption.

This is a manufacturer's rebate essentially, so it was up to Nokia to include an instruction card in the box with the phone.  The carriers dont' open product boxes and add stuff.  My phone was shipped to me and the Nokia box was shrink-wrapped in plastic as I recall.  My guess is that Nokia didn't include it because it is a limited time offer and they have no control over how long that box will sit in a Verizon warehouse or back room shelf in a Verizon store. 
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
yasfer21

Promos no longer come in boxes, they are now mostly done online.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rumer968

Hi - I called Verizon today regarding the $25 credit.  My representative looked into it and finally found it.

She initially was not aware of the offer.  

You have to go to this website to get the offer:

http://aka.ms/appcredit

From there, it will tell you the steps to redeem your credit.  

Please use plain text.
kfitz73

[ Edited ]

I was able to get the code, but my question is how to I get the code in the phone to use? There isn't a Microsoft gift card in my wallet, and I don't see any type of app that can be downloaded into my wallet to redeem the code.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

[ Edited ]

This is a verizon/MSFT promo and it has nothing to do with Nokia.

It also appears the promo basically gives you $25 credit for handing over your contact phonenumbers and mail addresses.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.