I am interested in buying the Nokia BH-221 Bluetooth Headset.
Before Buying, I would like to ensure that the BH-221 will work with a Lumia 800. As the Lumia Bluetooth specification is rather vague, can anyone confirm (or not) that all features are indeed working (except NFC pairing of course for obvious reasons !)
I have tried to add a comments on the BH-221 page on Nokia Loud and Gear (accessories.nokia.com).
For some very obscure reasons, 3 times I added my question, 3 times it has been remove from the page!
Why? Am I asking a potentially embarassing question or what?
Should I take this as a Nokia Answer, ie no it doesn't work and we don't want to admit it publicly ???
I cannot find the BH-221 in any shops and sadly the London Nokia stores are no longer!
Can anyone pair a BH-221 and a Lumia 800 and provide feedbacks.
Does all the features work as expected (except NFC of course)?
- Handsfree profile (HFP) 1.5 -> yes/no ? (I would hope so, otherwise, what's the point of an handsfree not supporting ! handsfree)
- Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP) 1.0 -> yes/no ? Display caller name etc?
- Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) 1.2 -> yes/no ?
- Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) 1.0 -> yes/no ?
Please, can someone let me know, I would like to get the BH-221, but no point to buy, try and return... I would rather prefer Buy, keep and use instead !
Perhaps one of you have asked himself the same questions and has answers he/she could share...
Nokia staff anyone ?
Thanks for letting me know, I hope that would be "yes" all round !
Solved! Go to Solution.
I don't have the headset , but do have BH-111 and they work fine, looking at spec, cannot see any reason they will not work ?
If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :
you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution'
BH-221 and Lumia 800 work together fine. Few limitations though:
- Track names not shown (text: music from your "xxx" phone will appear.
- Volume adjustment happens locally
- Some delay while trying to skip more than one song FF or RW
Yes Tested with lumia 800, The device behaves as follows,
1. Full access on music control and call controls
- some said name is not shown while on calls. While u sync ur BH 221 with Lumia 800 it will ask for contact sync. Once you accept it, it will show contacts while making calls and while receiving calls.
2. FF, RR all responds fastly
3. FM yes available
1. It wont show time in the display, usually it does with some syimbian devices
2. It wont show current track names for Lumia devices. It will just displays a message saying "Music from XXXXX device"
Sound Quality is very good.
Stock ear phones are good, but if you go for skull candy or JBL or etc they sound much better
Battery backup is Decent
Less recharge time
Fast connectivity among paired devices
The Bass and treble boost are really good
The Display is really amazing, visible at any light condition
Volume controls - While controlling it actually controls the BH 221 volume alone. It wont make changes in Handset volume which is really good
The micro phone is good but not that sensitive at noice locations, You may need to clip it close to your mouth.
Overall superb build quality and perfomance. Rating 8/10