Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia Network setup

Advisor
hjkiddk

Lumia Network setup

[ Edited ]

It seems the network setup is available again.

zune://navigate?phoneAppID=b95840dc-a542-42a6-bee4-7d1a12f62d2c

Your phone need to have the latest 7740 update.

Delete any manually added APN settings and restart phone.

I can finally send MMS from my Lumia.

Since i can't read about it anywhere official, it must be a big secret so don't tell anyone  :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Sage
N8one

Re: Lumia Network setup

There has been a "Network Setup" app available in market place for quite some time.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
hjkiddk

[ Edited ]

N:w00t:ne wrote:

There has been a "Network Setup" app available in market place for quite some time.

That was pulled again because of a security issue.

http://www.wpcentral.com/interop-unlock-found-lumia-800-intervened-nokia

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Are you sure it's actually back?

When I use that link it opens to the app page in zune but the install button is still missing.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
hjkiddk

I opened the link directly on the phone and it installed it from there.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Link doesn't work on the phone? Pasted it into internet explorer, gives unsupported link error, I'm on the latest firmware.

How did you manage to open this link directly on the phone? Version showing on Zune is still the old version?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
hjkiddk

I just opend the forum post from xda

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1361481

clicked the link and installed from there

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Thanks, the clickable link on XDA works and allows installation. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Sage
matthewleech

When I run the Network Setup app I get the message

"There is a problem with the system. Please update your phone software."

I go to Settings->System->phone update and it says "no updates found"

Phone details (purchased sim-free from phones4u in UK):

Carrier: CV UK SW variant ID222 v.02

Firmware revision number: 1600.2475.7720.11414

Hardware revision number: 112.1402.2.3

Suggestions please?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Your phone needs to have the latest Nokia update for it to work. 1600.2479.7740.11451.

Nokia said last week that they hope to have the update out to everyone over a 2 week period so you should get it soon.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Got the same myself. Looks like it requires the 11451 update before it will work. The 11451 update is still being rolled out so we should all be getting it soon, I hope. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
wgarczynski

anyone can paste zune link to nokia music? Maybe using this technique i can install this as well? :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Sage
matthewleech

I've just received and applied the Lumia 800 update to firmware revision number 1600.2479.7740.11451

When it completed I ran the Network Setup app. The page showed the animated dots for a few seconds and then displayed my sim's operator (3 Ireland).

I immediately went to messaging and successfully sent and received an MMS.

Happy days :smileyhappy:

I also noticed that in Settings->About->More Information the SIM ID is no longer shown and I gained 0.04GB (40MB) of available storage.

I'm using a Mac and the Windows Phone 7 Connector app for my updates.  After the phone was updated and I restarted it the Connector app would not recognise the phone (it kind of detected a phone had been connected but reported a problem with the connection). Rebooted Mac and then it worked ok.

Please use plain text.
StevenMJ

[ Edited ]

Over Christmas I was able to download and run the Network Setup App from the Marketplace. I was trying to set it up for MMS on GiffGaff. It didn't work as the App only showed O2 and Tesco UK mobile operators. So I deleted th app.

Now I have a Vodafone SIM, and want to download it again. However when I try to download it this time I get the message "This application is not available for your device. Press here for more info"

I also tried over WiFi and also with the old GiffGaff SIM and no joy.

Has the app been pulled again? Or updated in some way?

I think it's really ridiculous that you can't edit the MMS APN details, and have to rely on this method.

PS - yes my phone is up to date etc.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

GiffGaff and Tesco both run on the O2 physical network, they do not have their own, so you seem to have judged and deleted app prematurely. It has been pulled again AFAIK, maybe it will be re-released.

Please use plain text.
StevenMJ

The options available were: O2-1, O2-2, and TescoUK.
I tried each option, and none of them allowed me to send or receive MMS messages. Although they all use a common MMS proxy, a sim free Lumia doesn't have any settings for MMS already preset, so needs to have the setting pushed. It wont pick them up from the sim, which is why I'm reverting to Vodafone in the hope it can pick up the setting over the air.

Wonder why it's been pulled again.
Please use plain text.
StevenMJ

Anyone able to help?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
moscow1818

I set them up manually for O2 using the below:

settings > mobile network

edit apn

APN: wap.o2.co.uk

u/n: o2web

p/w: password

Proxy server: 193.113.200.195

Proxy port: 8080

I can now send MMS and use the internet.

Please let me know if you're on O2 but this doesn't work, because I also went ino APN diagnostics and changed some settings but I'm not sure that was necessary so won't add that unless it's totally necessary.

Please use plain text.
Sage
matthewleech

1. If using the new APN Settings in Diagnostics for Browser and MMS, should I delete the APN in Settings->Mobile Network?

2. I added an APN for MMS in Diagnostics->APN Settings but it didn't work. When I tried to change the values I'd entered the previous values were not shown and on saving I got the message "Access point NOT set: IAP exists". How do I delete this IAP so that I can try different settings?

Thanks,

Matt

Please use plain text.
Contributor
smoothbond

Just a tip, I just got off the phone with o2, it appears that the Iphone data bolt on will not allow MMS on other smartphones, you need to change the bolt on from iphone data bolt on to smartphone data bolt on.its free and doesnt cost any more, but It takes 24 hrs and you shouldnt have to go to the diagnostic apn page on your Lumia. just go to mobile network edit apn and use apn: mobile.o2.co.uk
username: o2web
password: password
all other fields should be left blank.
that should allow you to send mms, I only got this info today, the bolt on change is free but it takes 24 hours. I can currently browse the internet with those settings, the mms wont be active until tomorrow so I'll update this forum if that works
Please use plain text.