I have accidentally dropped my Lumia 520 into the toilet this morning, and it didn't stay there for more than 3 seconds as I was quick to take it out.
I didn't know what to do, so I turned it off and I put it in a towel for a couple of minutes, as I was in a big rush to get the university.
On my way, I turned it on, but the on/off button stopped working. I kept forcing it to shut down by taking out the battery for a couple of times, hoping that a reboot might fix the problem, but it stopped turning on.
Later I got home, plugged it to see if it charges, but it doesn't, it has no response whatsoever...
Then I read on the net that I should've taken out the battery and cards, and keep it in a bag of rice, so currently, I'm doing so... But I don't know what to do, or if it will work...
Also, somehow water got stuck in the camera, somehow, like some droplets of water formed on the exterior glass of the camera... Will that get sucked out by the rice?
You should not have started your phone. What you should have done is to remove the battery and totally dry your phone first before attempting to restart. By restarting when wet, you could have sort circuited (fried) the fragile circuitry in the phone. Uncooked rice acts as a desiccant and draws the water out. I would still leave it at least a few days, if not longer before attempting to restart.