Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumina 720 - 1 Week Old - Won't Switch On

Registered Member
JCal
Accepted Solution

Lumina 720 - 1 Week Old - Won't Switch On

Nokia Lumina 720 - 1 Week Old.  Won't switch on.  Battery is fully charged.

Was very impressed with the phone until now - am considering returning it and getting something else.

Grateful for any advice as to how to start it.  Or am I wasting my time?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Lumina 720 - 1 Week Old - Won't Switch On

[ Edited ]

If you are sure the battery had sufficient charge then try this..Press Power + Volume(down) keys  until the phone vibrates (about 8-10 seconds). 

If needed leave the phone on charging for about 30 minutes and see if it comes to life on its own. If not try the reset mentioned above again ..

You may also try the procedure mentioned in Message 4 HERE

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
JCal

Many thanks - left it in the office, but will try tomorrow and let you know how I got on.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
JCal

[ Edited ]

Farby,

Thanks for your help it worked perfectly. 

Any idea what is actually hallening - is it a software problem or is there a physical defect with the phone?

Best regards.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

May be a software glitch .. Don't worry as doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the hardware .. 

Hope you have checked whether your phone is upto date .. (settings-->phone update-->check for updates..)

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
JCal

Thanks Will Do
Please use plain text.