Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumina 822 SMS/MMS PROBLEMS

Ncsu

Lumina 822 SMS/MMS PROBLEMS

Have had my 822 and over all I love it but I am having an issue occasionally with texting both SMS and mms.  When I send a text it will immediately pop up try again message can't be delivered.  Happens on both mms and SMS and I have made sure I have a good signal when sending it?  Does a similar thing when receiving a text say click her to download a message and I click to download, but it  will not download the message.  I exit out....have tried everything only way I can do is restart the phone and then it will work, but that is getting old.  Any ideas? 

Please use plain text.
playfulangel14

Re: Lumina 822 SMS/MMS PROBLEMS

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Have you checked with your network operator that you have the correct settings, that would be a first point of call. And also to check with the network carrier that you are in area of decent coverage. Also would pay to check that the SIM card is not damaged, or if new, is cut properly.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Dav1d

I have just bought the same phone and have the same issue - checked every setting I can think of including the operator SMS number but everything looks ok except that the phone will not send an sms - can recieve them ok. Would not have expected such a basic design issue from Nokia

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

hi mate,

have you downloaded all the Nokia system app updates from the Store? there is one named Access Point, and another named Network+, which may help with your issues. Also you should check that Verizon have indeed provided you with the correct settings etc and that your account/data plan is indeed activated.
Please use plain text.
lumiana

Hello, Can anyone tell me how to forward an sms in my inbox to another of my contacts on Lumia 800.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
newLumia822

[ Edited ]

I am having this same problem. I bought a new Nokia Lumia 822 less than a week ago, and within a couple days it started randomly refusing to send text messages. Its not every text message either its random and I have to restart the phone. even this doesn't always work though. I have no updates to install and everything seems to be correct, but this issue continues to get worse. and to top it all off the screen will occasionally freeze at random times causing the phone to restart. it does this about twice a day.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

hi mate,

have you checked the condition of your SIM card, and also that you have the correct SMS/MMS/data settings with Verizon, and that your data plan is indeed activated? also for the restarts, you can try performing a soft reset (pressing the volume down and power buttons together until the phone vibrates). and also check that you are up-to-date with all the latest Nokia system apps in the Store.
Please use plain text.
Mommymooby

[ Edited ]

Hello all!

I have had my Lumia 822 for about a week now (switched from Android) and so far this is the only issue I have had with it (besides my emoticons coming out weird to recipients).  I can receive videos & pictures but I can't send them AT ALL.  My SIM card is in great condition, everything else seems to be working great and have not had any other system issues, just this.  I can't seem to find either of the two apps suggested above.  Store says they don't match anything, so I guess I need to call VZW and make sure everything is right on their end.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

sounds right, check with your network carrier that you have the correct MMS settings and that your data plan is indeed activated along with the MMS.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
zook2

I have this exact same issue of not being able to send SMS messages on T-Mobile with the Lumia 822. It says it can't send the SMS message and gives an SMS error: 1

Any one on T-Mobile get this working? Calls and receiving SMS messages work but not being able to send SMS messages is a deal-breaker!

The SMS center number is automatically entered in on the 822 for T-Mobile and I've verified that it's correct but that doesn't correct the issue of not being able to send out SMS messages (+12063130004 is the automatic SMS Center Number according to T-Mobile and it's the same that's automatically entered with the SIM).

Please use plain text.
aleisha11

zook2 wrote:

I have this exact same issue of not being able to send SMS messages on T-Mobile with the Lumia 822. It says it can't send the SMS message and gives an SMS error: 1

Any one on T-Mobile get this working? Calls and receiving SMS messages work but not being able to send SMS messages is a deal-breaker!

The SMS center number is automatically entered in on the 822 for T-Mobile and I've verified that it's correct but that doesn't correct the issue of not being able to send out SMS messages (+12063130004 is the automatic SMS Center Number according to T-Mobile and it's the same that's automatically entered with the SIM).

Hi zook2,

Regarding your concern, have you tried inserting different SIM card on your Lumia 822 to isolate the issue? You may also try inserting your SIM card to another device. This is to check if you are able to send SMS without any issue. 

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Advisor
sridharb

Hi,

Even I am facing this issue. I called the network operator and double checked the SMS center number, and reinserted the sim card and rebooted the device. But still cant send any text messages. The sim card is able to send texts in other phones. Only the Lumia seems to have a problem. Nokia please own it up and correct this. There has been enough of troubleshooting by many users now. It is high time nokia owned up and fixed this.

Messaging is one of the basic and the second most crucial feature of the phone (after calling). Even bare minimum phones are able to perform well and if an expensive device like a lumia fails at such a basic thing then I dont think so lumia will attract more market share in future.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
sridharb

A full phone reset did not help me solve this issue.

However, when I changed the country in regional settings back to United States and rebooted my phone, everything works like a charm. Only thing that still does not work is the internet sharing feature. This is non critical as of now but I will have to find a solution to this soon.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
sridharb

This problem occured again after the portico update last night.

and this time it is worse. The apn settings and the mms settings disappered altogether this time. I read in a forum that the apn settings and mms settings will be blocked on locked phones. But my phone is unlocked. But still these settings are not exposed. Also tried resetting the phone after the update and chaning the region-language settings. But no luck so far.

Anyone facing this proble after the portico update?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tincup07

I am having the same texting issue on T-Mobile. I am waiting for a fix from Nokia. Hopefully it will be soon. In the meantime I am using a Lumia 710. It is solid as a rock
Please use plain text.
Contributor
n0k1afan

I had the same problem and so I switched to a very old nokia 5110 (like the one in the video) out of protest!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_eQaZsypEE
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Lumia 822 is exclusive to verizon. It is quite likely it does not accept any other settings then those for Verizon which may be hardcoded in the firmware.

It could also be a specific Lumia 822 issue.

I am on an unlocked Lumia 620 and have no issues with SMS/MMS.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
sridharb

Yes.. looks like Verizon have hardcoded some stuff into their firmware and didnt expose any APN settings for end users. I am missing the APN settings the most after the portico update.

Hope verizon fixes this in the next update.

Please use plain text.
vinu_h

sridharb wrote:

Yes.. looks like Verizon have hardcoded some stuff into their firmware and didnt expose any APN settings for end users. I am missing the APN settings the most after the portico update.

Hope verizon fixes this in the next update.

This extension will let you configure an APN. Try it. 

The SMS problem still remains though. I have been considering other apps like Skype and sms/text message related 3rd party apps. None let us send out sms the way we want to.

Please use plain text.