Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: MELTDOWN LUMIA 920

Contributor
db9rds

MELTDOWN LUMIA 920

I have a Lumia 920 that severly overheated when left on charge to the extent the casing melted by the micro USB port. Sent to Nokia direct for repair / replacement and they have advised up to 12 weeks for a resolution! They want to "Do a CSI type investigation". This is a contract handset only 3 months old. Nokia never again! Back to Apple - they know how to treat customers.

Anyone else had this?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

As it's a contract handset it is the carrier you have a contract with and you should be talking to them.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
db9rds

I don't know if its the same everywhere but in the uk Apple have high street stores, Nokia don't. Over the past 5 years or so I've had many handset replaced within an hour by Apple.

I am also in contact with the contract carrier - attack from all angles for a resolution.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

db9rds wrote:

Over the past 5 years or so I've had many handset replaced within an hour by Apple.

Doesn't say much for the quality of Apple products does it, if you've had many handsets replaced in only five years!

I've only had to have one Nokia device replaced in the last five years.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
db9rds

Many Apple handsets replaced for '3' different users, and to be honest its so easy to get replacements it can be 'overused'. It appears Nokia are as tight as a duck's **bleep** when it comes to replacements - Apple don't want the bad press.

Please use plain text.