Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: MMS Picture settings etc Lumia 800

Contributor
Srg94
Accepted Solution

MMS Picture settings etc Lumia 800

Hi All,

Lumia 800, I have got the internet working on it fine through APN but I cannot find anywhere the MMS settings to receive picture messages or send them.

Everytime I send a picture message I get a message saying cannot send or if someone sends me a picture message, I get a little message saying view content - I click it and nothing happens.

I hate this phone so much, Why have a phone if you cannot even use it for what's suppose to do?!

Never buying a Nokia again hate them so much!

If anybody could please help me that would be great

Thanks

S.Griffiths
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Aslan93

in the diagnostics app you have the option to set mms settings under "APN settings" make sure you have the latest software installed and dial ##634# in the dial pad to get the diagnostics app.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Aslan93

if you don't have the latest software i can help you with how to install it and if anything you can also try using whatsapp to send pictures
Please use plain text.
Contributor
joaotorre

Hi Aslan93,

I can't send/receive mms either but I always thought this was because the Lumia hasn't been released in my country an so I was using Whatsapp

It would be great to be able to send mms though, can You help me out? I've spent hours on the phone with my operators support but they say I should have an option to ADD an APN but the only possiblily in the Lumia 800 is to edit the only existing APN.

Any advise?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Aslan93

There is an option to set mms apn and its in the "diagnostics" app under "APN settings". However it appears that this became available only after the latest update so make sure you have updated the phone then install the diagnostics app by dialing ##634# in the dial pad(if you already have the diganostics app installed from before, UNINSTALLL it and install again to update it)
if your zune tells you you have the latest version when in fact you havent, then search for a recent thread called "lumia 800 update" on this forum where i give a link that will help you with updating straight away. This should be all you have to do good luck!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
BillBungalow

Okay, so thanks to all the wonderful tips in this I have managed to force an update via Zune using the disconnect-network trick, and now my wife's Lumia 800 is on the latest updates. Now it shows "Giffgaff" as the network, which is nice. I can make and receive calls, and send and receive SMS.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the ##634# Diagnostics app, and put in the seperate APN and MMS accounts for GiffGaff. 

I've clicked Save and tried to send an MMS. Nothing. Tried to receive one. No change - just says "Get media content now", tap it, it changes to "Getting media content". Wait ages, it makes a chime, and goes back to "Get media content now".

So I went back into the Diagnostics app, and the the APN and MMS fields I previously filled in are blank!?

If I try and put the details in again and click Save, it tells me that those IAP's already exist, so clearly they are saved somewhere. So why doesn't it show them to me?

I uninstalled Diagnostics and then did a ##634# to get it back, and was able to put the APN and MMS accounts in this time without it prompting me that they already existed, and clicked Save. This time I didn't exit the app, just shut down and then switched the phone back on.

Still not able to send or receive MMS.

Anyone any clues (before I throw the thing in a bin!)? Cheers.

Please use plain text.
Sage
matthewleech

@BillBungalow

I'm having similar problems with getting MMS to work in that my configuration in Diagnostic Tool->APN Settings seems to be incorrect. However, I think that I found a way to clear existing APNs and that's by running the Network Setup app.

Hope this helps,

Matt

Please use plain text.
jax8214

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
semme

Hi,

under the diagnostic setting, there's a few fields to fill in. like IAP name,APN,proxy address etc. What should i fill in for that

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Hi all,

A Lumia phone will read the settings for Internet and MMS from the SIM at first use if available.

After that settings for Internet will be read if another SIM is placed or can be manually entered by creating an APN in Settings>mobile network>add APN, but not MMS. If these settings are not on the SIM they need to be entered using the 'Network Setup' app which can be found in the Nokia Collection on Marketplace.

The app will allow you to set Internet and MMS with pre-configured setup for your carrier or manually.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
KarlB

I had a similar problem after changing the sim in my Lumina 710.

The fix was to download the Network Setup app as mentioned, choose the right operator, but the thing to note is that this only worked after restarting the phone once I'd done all of the previous steps.

Now I can send and receive MMS pictures without any problems.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
antisocial

before messing with apn settings and god knows what make sure you have re-enabled data transfer under settings-network. MMS are data...
Please use plain text.
Admdhiman

Re: MMS Picture settings etc Lumia 710

hi buddy

i use lumia 710 form few months

what is the latest version

my lumia 710 version is :7.10.8107.79

firmware revision number..1600.3015.8107.12.070

diagonostic app version:1.13.0.1

do u know about new update are release??

can u tell me ??

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
mechanimal82

You can check and update your phone using the Microasoft Zune application. Details of how to do this are here:

http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/support/software-update-for-nokia-lumia/?view=detail
If I have helped you, please hit the star at the bottom of my posts - it's appreciated!
Don't forget if your problem is solved to press the "Accept as Solution" button.
Please use plain text.
Sage
matthewleech

The MMS and data APN problems have completely gone away for me since updating to firmware 12070 and Network Setup 1.6.3.0.

Please use plain text.
LumiaBoo

Hi Guys,  I had the same probem with my 800 which was set up in store.  The internet wouldnt work but this was set up over the phone by 02.  Then MMS would not work as described by first link above.  O2 could not sort this out and said I should go into a store and get a new sim but I did sort it eventually on the handset.  

First I updated the phone via laptop and Zune and then i downloaded from the marketplace and nokia collections the Network Setup app.   Going then to network setup on my phone i tapped the operator options which gave me 4 options,  O2-UK prepaid,  O2-UK, Tesco and giffgaff.   It was origionally set to O2-UK Prepaid which didnt make sense as I am on a contract,  I changed this to O2-UK and bingo! all worked fine.  I know we are all on different networks but worth a check as this maybe your answer also.  :smileyhappy:  Hope this was helpful 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dutchessk8

Hi ... I got to ADD APN ... I am in australia with optus ... how will i add details ... or should i get that APP you were refering to .. I really didnt want APPS ... this phone is a preverbial pain in the toosh ... many thanks for your helpful instructions though ... K8

Please use plain text.
Advisor
nev55

Kosh

Had lumia 800 one week turned phone off for restart lost settings ie wud recieve but not send aft on line chat wiv o2 adjusting setting still no sucess. read your post followed your instructions about nokia collection on marketplace and suprise suprise chose " o2-UK "and not "02 pre paid" as it said it was using !! as im on simplicty contract guess wot ALLS WELL AGAIN.sending pics once again.

THIS POST OFF KOSH`s SHUD BE PINNED TO TOP OF FORUM....there will be lots out there who  suffer this rediculous malfuction the first time they do a full shut down and restart of thier Lumia 800 phones.  

My next step was N C P 25 miles away to have phone restored  Nokia s " Network setup " app just saved me the trouble Thanks Nokia and a very big thankyou KOSH :smileywink:

Neville

Please use plain text.
BigBozski

Virgin Mobile

MMS settings for Nokia Lumia

Here is what I did:

1. Download the Network Setup tool for the Lumia 800 (I suspect it is also available for the 610/710/900).
  2. Ran the tool, selected Virgin as the Operator
  3. Pressed the "+" at the bottom to select "add apn"
  4. Entered the following details
  • Connection name: Virgin2
  • Under Internet APN, Access point name: goto.virginmobile.uk
  • Proxy address: 193.30.166.4
  • Proxy port: 8080
  • Username: user
  • Password: (I left this blank)
  • Under MMS APN, MMS access point name: goto.virginmobile.uk
  • Proxy address: 193.30.166.2
  • Proxy port: 8080
  • Username: user
  • Password: (I left this blank)
  • MMSC address: http://mms.virginmobile.co.uk:8002
  • Save
  • Select Virgin2 as settings option

I still found it was not working and upon ringing Virgin they told me my SIM was not yet MMS enabled. To do this, they told me to send a picture to myself. You will only need to do this if your SIM is brand new and you have never sent a picture message before from this number.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mordaunt

I have an unlocked Lumia 800 on t-mobile in the UK. I have the latest software update. With help from the posts on this forum, I found all I needed here:

http://support.t-mobile.co.uk/help-and-support/index?page=home&cat=SOFTWAREDOWNLOADS&tab=3

I entered the relevant information through Settings/mobile network/add apn

Good luck!

R.

Please use plain text.