Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: MMS Picture settings etc Lumia 800

Contributor
n13kb

In mobile network I have data connection on

dont roam selected

3g connection speed

network selection automatic

No apn details stored or added so add apn is highlighted

In network app there is vodafone contrac and payg

I have selected payg from the preset list

There is no access to edit this apn and i have deleted the manual settings I added

i send a pic and it now takes ages but then comes up - cant send message try again

This is driving me potty

Does anyone else with an 800 have any problems sending pics?

Is there someone with an 800 on vodafone that can go through their settings with me?

The tech man in my local vodafone store says it is the phone and they cannot send pics but when it was sold to me i was told it could

Any help greatly appreciated and whoever fixes this will be a god!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Milf1985

Please help me, my Nokia lumia 800 won't send picture messages.... Please help.
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
tiny_chef

Hi Milf1985,

Welcome to Nokia Forum!

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps provided on this thread? Do you have Network Setup application on your phone? If you have it on your phone, you can run the application to get your MMS settings from your network provider.

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
RodHull

I'm having the same problems with a Lumia 920 on EE, it doesn't work on my previous Lumia 800. Now my mother in law has a Lumia 610 on O2 UK and she can't receive mms. Nokia haven't a clue, just keep telling me to install Network Settings or go to APN settings in the Diagnostics app which aren't an option for me.

This clearly isn't an isolated issue, so why can't they sort it once and for all?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
IrishJohn

I am having exactly the same problem and on searching web see 100s of users with this issue - COME ON Nokia - it is a critical issue and does not seem to be isolated to an individual carrier as I am with O2 in Ireland and multiple users with new 820 having same problem here.

Regards,

John.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Mi55

I recieved an mms when the data connection was set to off.

mms msg say 'getting media content (213KB)' 

Turned on data connection but the image doesn't download

This sound like the mms bug or network settings problem?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Mi55

^ did phone update, seems ok now
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
KALAIMATHI

What link???? Help me!!!!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
gigreat2013

Having issues with my nokia phone. I cant select a taken picture on my phone and upload it to any social network or even use it as a screen lock and also, icant view pictures i send from my phone to another phone or computer and the picture format is still JPEG. Please i need your help on what to do.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
briswanny462

can you tell me witch  update u used please 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Mi55

Just went into settings\phone update

Took available updates and it worked

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kmccarry

I have the sam problem with my Nokia Lumia 800, but I do not understand where you get the Connection name; Internet APN/Access point name,Proxy address, Proxy port, MMS access point name, the second proxy address and port and i do not know where to get the MMSC address. please can you shed some light on how you obtained them, thanks it would be very much appreciated.:squint:

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
tiny_chef

Hi kmccarry,

Welcome to the Nokia Support Discussions!

These settings are being provided by your operator. Just to verify, have you tried the steps provided on this thread like downloading the Network Setup application?

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
greatull

thank you very much no one else seemed to be able to help me and this worked straight away

Please use plain text.