Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Mail sending and receiving with attachments pdf fi...

Advisor

Mail sending and receiving with attachments pdf file and mp3 file on lumia

No way to send pdf or mp3 files in office, are we back to the old phones. Please nokia pay attention for this problem

Please use plain text.
Sage
VoodooKing

Re: Mail sending and receiving with attachments pdf file and mp3 file on lumia

You can do this.

1) Upload those files to Skydrive
2) Install Skydrive app.
3) Run Skydrive app, Holdtap onto the files you want, click on "Send a link"
Please use plain text.
buddylove3000

All that sounds harder than a simple "attach" button like the rest of the world has

If its important stuff your sending then who wants to store it on a 3rd party skydrive? rather than just attach it and send it to just the person you want to have it.

Skydrive is for what i want to share/store not for business

Please use plain text.
trefola

Hi ,

I installed Acrobat reader.I opened an e-mail on my hotmail account where there is a pdf attachment regarding my telephone Bill.If i open Acrobat reader the file .pdf is there but if i open is blank.If i do the same with my iPhone no prb to open it.Why?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
rich

Bit of a mix of queries here, but to most objects can be sent, eg Word doc, picture. Select the item then 'Share...' and you have an option to send via you're email.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
rich

... and for Trefola, it works fine for me.

I open the email and select the attachment, which seems to then download the item and allows it to be viewed

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lifeisbetter

Microsoft has blindly followed iphone in giving access only to the picture folder from the "compose email" module. Windows 6.5 was so much better in terms of having the whole file system available to be used for various purpose.

It is extremely important to NOT depend on the third party applications to provide the emailing facility of a file. Acrobat Reader app does not provide 'send file as mail attachment' facility and so all Lumia users are stuck with hopelessness.

The native email application should allow browsing of files on the phone or on the skydrive to be attached on to the email.

Hope Microsoft and Nokia take this feedback positively and act on it.

Head - Internet Banking,
Deutsche Bank
Please use plain text.
Contributor
lifeisbetter

Depending on third party apps to send attachments to emails is not consumer friendly thinking. We are used to attach files while composing emails.

So the email module should allow browsing of files and attach whichever files I need to attach.

We cant go against consumer behaviour and make new ones.
Head - Internet Banking,
Deutsche Bank
Please use plain text.
Contributor
lifeisbetter

Hi VoodooKing,

How do you upload a PDF attachment that has come on email on the windowsphone? It gets saved somewhere and can be opened with the acrobat reader. And the reader does not have a facility to upload files anywhere, or to send mails.

thanks.
Head - Internet Banking,
Deutsche Bank
Please use plain text.
Professor
caitlin1759

Once the pdf is on the phone it seems to be impossible to do anything with it. You can't upload it to Skydrive and you can't email it out. If it was downloaded from a site as opposed to being sent as a pdf document you can upload the link to the website to SkyDrive and access it there but this depends on a 3rd party then maintaining a live link so if you do that as back up you'd really have to access SkyDrive link on a pc or android and save the pdf to them.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

You can also open the file..then just share via email. I admit that it is a ridiculous way to have to do it. You hit the attach button and it assumes you want to attach a photo.

This needs to get fixed.
Please use plain text.
Professor
caitlin1759

Not sure what you mean. If there's a pdf attachment in an email you can open it and send it on by forwarding the email but I've not found anyway of attaching a pdf to a new email.

Any pdfs , whether downloaded from a website or from an email is only accesible from the adobe acrobat app. There's no option on Lumia 800 , to email a pdf out from the app.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
yuggy8

Agreed Caitlin1759. Nokia Lumia 800 user here. It's TRUE you can forward an email with the pdf file (I mostly want to send pdf files), but then I can't delete the original forwarded email text. When needing to forward a pdf brochure to a customer, I can't have the body of emails between myself and another customer at the bottom.
How does Nokia and Windows expect to gain market share with business users??
Please use plain text.
Professor
caitlin1759

That is another major failing. The pdf issue can be worked around on Win8 by uploading it to Skydrive (but not on win7) but emails can't be edited on either.

It's not just pdfs; there's plenty of occasions when it's necessary to edit an email before sending.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
LUMIA720USER

[ Edited ]

Hi there, just bought a nokia lumia 720, but am stuck with my pdf files. I cant send them via bluetooth, nor through email, i dont want to go into the problem of skydrive. The mobile looks beautiful, is very fast, the camera is awesome, but these problems just dont do it  justice. Nokia and Microsoft, please take these as serious issues.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
rick_faulkner

Dear Counsellor,

so this really cant be done as we might expect with WP8? 

Crazy, but will it me changed in WP9?

i need to send multiple PDF's to certain customers as and when. simply attach; no SKYDRIVE or "share"

and thats not even bringing up the 80004005 POP3 issue....

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Soriel

Since Microsoft wants their cellphones as business phones it is not understandable the picture limitation with attachments. Huge Companies decide against window phone cause of too many limitations. Is there any update which does fix that? I was hoping Amber but was disappointed so have not much expectations but hope with blue they fix that. Do they wanna fix this at all??
Please use plain text.