Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Many many good features are missing in WP 7

Contributor
hillview
Accepted Solution

Many many good features are missing in WP 7

Many many convenient features are missing in WP 7.

1. No "+" sign when using number keyboard. Only "*" is provided, but who uses that?

2. No "@" in the first page of keyboard. You have to go to "&123".

3. There is no "backward" key!

4. Unlike Nokia N8, there is no way to tell which programmer is running behind.

5. Cannot end call!

But its surfing is fast, to be fair.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

1. Hold the zero key on the dial pad to get a +.
2. It's contextual, appears when typing an email address in the "to" field.
3. My Keyboard has a backspace key, not sure what else you mean?
4. Hold the back button (next to the windows button) to see what apps are running.
5. Some networks have that bug, others don't. It's supposed to have been fixed in the latest software update that you may not have yet.
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Hi Hillview,

Thanks for your questions, I hope I can answer them for you.

1. To get a + you press and hold 0 on numeric keypad, goto the second character page (->) on full keyboard.
  2. Depending on the type of input required (as defined by the programmer) the @ will be on the keyboard(as will the .com key).
  3. There is a backspace key, I am not sure what you mean with 'backward'. If you mean a way to backup in a word you can press and hold the position where you want to go until the cursor appears.
  4. You can find a list of running background tasks in "Settings>flick left to 'applications'>background tasks"
  5. This has been resolved in the current software update (firmware 1600.2487.8107.12070)

Hope this helped,

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
hillview

Thank you all for this.

It is really helpful.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Drof87

He has a point though.

The language key is a bit wasteful and would be best served with an @.

That or the silly smiley key.

Edit - just found out how to turn off the language key and my space bar is bigger. Excellent.

1991...........................................................................................................................................................2013
1610 • 5110 • 3210 • 8210 • 8310 • 7210 • 6230 • 6630 • N80 • N70 • N73 • N958GB • N900 • Lumia 800 • Lumia 820
Please use plain text.