Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Marketplace in Malaysia no English & I lost XB...

Contributor
elson3344
Accepted Solution

Marketplace in Malaysia no English & I lost XBOX Live

Any body know how to solve this problem ? I cannot change any language after register? & gone for Xbox live tiles,that really make sick....
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
haZey

Re: Marketplace in Malaysia no English & I lost XBOX Live

Hi elson3344,

The reason for the malay language is because the email you are linking with is default to malaysia as your location, and msia marketplace doesnt have full apps collection.

so few things you can do is:

(1) Reset your phone to default setting, start all setting all over

(2) Create a new window live account, and not choosing malaysia as base country

(3) Same goes to market place,choose an english spoken country (like U.S) as your default country when you click into market place for the first time.

Also please note that the option to change your Zunetag’s country is currently not available.

The currently solution for your issue, were to create a new Windows Live ID and then also a new Zunetag, by going in thehttp://www.zune.net/ page, logging in and choosing the country you want to be supported.

For changing the main Windows Live ID on the phone, a phone reset is needed, so please make a backup before resetting and notice that it isn’t possible to transfer the applications you have purchased to the new Windows Live ID

Regards,

haZey

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
elson3344

Ok thx bro,I still possible to buy any app with that new apps,cos I from Malaysia
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
forbiddenshani

Hey, i was facing the same problem when i first had my Lumia,

I register a new microsoft account and set "Singapore" as my country and voila, XboxLive tile is there and everything is in the English language.

I didn't dare to set my country to the far west because i fear that though the marketplace may have apps but some are limited to jurisdiction.

The best bet is to set the phone to the nearest English language speaking country.

You can still buy the apps provided you have a valid credit card attached to the account.

FYI: I'm from Malaysia =)
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
masterpeura

A little off topic, but is there a way to change marketplace language? I live in Austria but I hate if something is in German, or any other language than English when it comes to electronic devices.
This really **bleep** me off on the iPhone, hoping that WP7 wouldn't have this localized **bleep**.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
forbiddenshani

I am sorry but the ONLY way is to register a new Live account and you better make sure that the language set for that country is the one you wanted because once you selected that particular country during registration, there is NO way you can switch it anymore.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
elson3344

that mean no choice to reset the whole phone...OMG.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Hi elson3344,

A full reset is required because the primary LiveID is where things like your marketplace purchases and personal information on the phone are linked to.

When you reset first make sure you transfer your contacts to your new LiveID;

• Login to your previous ID and hover the mouse over the Hotmail option on top of the screen, then select contacts.
  • Above the contacts you will see and option 'manage' from where you export your contacts. A file is downloaded to your computer with the contacts.
  • Now do the same on your new ID and Import the saved file there. This transfers your contacts. You can do the same for Calendars if you want.
  • You can now setup mail accounts again.
  • If you have bought apps contact Zune support to have your apps transferred to your new liveID, then download the app 'reinstaller' which will get all your apps back to the phone for you

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
zacenigma

how can i export my calendar because i didnt see any manage option in the calendar menu. really appreciate for any info regarding this
Please use plain text.