Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Mass Storage via USB

Mobile Visionary
donofworld

Re: Mass Storage via USB

@WhiteVanMan yes I agreed ...Nokia should use symbian^3 os for their lower end phones too
Nokia should make say nokia 450 in future with 1ghz cpu,256mb ram,3.2mp camera with symbian^3 belle os
'In God we trust; all others bring data!"
Please use plain text.
Contributor

michaels wrote:

<p><blockquote><hr>93tid wrote:<br><blockquote><hr>jakke wrote:<br><p>There isn't Mass Storage via USB or micro-SD card slot, but there is an additional 25GB of free storage on Microsoft SkyDrive cloud storage.<hr><p>Will Nokia pay my data bill when I get it from my operator ?<hr><br mce_bogus="1"><span data-mce-type="bookmark" id="__mce"><br data-mce-bogus="1"><p><br><p>All smartphones today have many features which are potentially big data users, and WLAN is the optimal way to use the largest consumers.

please go try finding free wifi in japan

other countries, if we need to transfer data, do we stand at the hotspot like an idiot waiting for it to finish?

Please use plain text.
Sage
d12south

[ Edited ]

Another very important missing feauture that ive been using since way back many years..

Please use plain text.
Sage
d12south

• FAIL
Please use plain text.
Sage
d12south

I also wondered the same question. But I guess the answer is.

They want current S60 and S3 smartphone users to switch to WP since its their next bet on smartphone operating system.

They want to continue developing S40 devices for lower income users and expand the capabilities of S40.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

jakke wrote:

There isn't Mass Storage via USB or micro-SD card slot, but there is an additional 25GB of free storage on Microsoft SkyDrive cloud storage.

Can you please confirm that there is a restriction on the file size you can store on Skydrive of 100MB max.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Technical Expert (retired)
jakke

93tid wrote: Can you please confirm that there is a restriction on the file size you can store on Skydrive of 100MB max.

Yes, upload size is limited to 100 MB per file.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ShareDD

It is shameful of both Nokia and Microsoft for failing to include such a basic feature as USB mass storage access.

I have now owned my new Lumia 900 for one month and I am beginning to regret it -- mainly because this basic feature is missing.  If Nokia and Microsoft lack the common sense to include such basic functionality, I have little hope that my future experience will be pleasant.

I was looking forward to the powerful camera and Zeiss lense.  But because the interface to access and archive photos is so terrible (Nokia Reps. - don't bother replying about Microsoft's cloud feature - I've tried to embrace it and it's terrible), I am more inclined to unload my phone as quickly and painlessly as possible. 

Please use plain text.