Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Messages on lock screen lumia 610

Registered Member
Spdcock

Messages on lock screen lumia 610

Hi, I just bought a nokia lumia 610. Like the phone but all the text messages appear in some kind
of pop up on the lock screen.
How do I turn this off? I don't want my messages to appear on the front screen.
Can someone help?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Check if you have this..

settings-->lock screen-->choose an application to have detailed status..confirm that 'messaging' is NOT selected there ..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Spdcock wrote:
Hi, I just bought a nokia lumia 610. Like the phone but all the text messages appear in some kind
of pop up on the lock screen.
How do I turn this off? I don't want my messages to appear on the front screen.
Can someone help?

If you are referring to the banner at the top of the screen then these are known as "Toast" notifications and cannot be turned off.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Agree with rayhipkiss

Sorry if I misunderstood it for the message that gets displayed on the Lock screen when you press Power key ..

Please use plain text.