Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Messaging Tones for Lumia 800

Contributor
pree22

Messaging Tones for Lumia 800

I am trying to change my messaging tones for my Lumia 800 and its only showing the defaults.  I have new ringtones i can download, but i want to have them in the "messaging" tones as well.  why are they not populating in both and why cant i set people up to have certain Message tones? it only lets me do ring tones.

Please use plain text.
RustyU

Re: Messaging Tones for Lumia 800

They can't be customised, WP doesn't support it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
pree22

did you hear what you just said though???? how can something so simple not be supported, its usually on alll phones.  Thats such a let down that something this common would not be supported. Its only a tone for the Text messenging.  I hear that they are adding software to fix this issue,  if they dont, then Nokia really is letting people down.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

pree22 wrote:

Nokia really is letting people down.

No, that's Microsoft, not Nokia.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
pree22

93tid did you hear that they will be submitting a update so we can be able to set text tones??? i heard that they will be doing this, but its hear say.... :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ned_rider

didnt know about that when i bought the fone. need to sort it out, its such a let down!!!!!!!
Please use plain text.
djay_434

it sure is man! i just bought my lumia 800 and was super excited. wanted to configure everything like my old phone i.e ringtones, message tones and stuff but now after searching all the forums and having found that you cannot change it - its is really **bleep** off man!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kads

Hello!
Is there any news to fix this Nokia like in 7.8?

NOKIA you need to please your old Symbian users with features on WP that we are use to!

WP= wery good UI but lack of some basic "used to Nokia" features.

Please make me happy!!

Better Multitasking & easy use of MP3 as ring tone ,alarm & message Tone.

(Yes you can change ringtone but it´s not so easy.)

Kads
Please use plain text.
CyberTiger

I've also been looking into this, it's a shame that the Windows Phone doesn't support text/alert tone customization although it is so basic and small compared to most things that get thrown into a phone software update. Hope to see this in a future update though because im use to having these epic text tones for annoying people in my contacts list.
Please use plain text.
Professor
caitlin1759

I don't think it will be fixed in the 7.8 , update. Windows 8 doesn't have this either.
Please use plain text.