Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Micro SD card not recognised

Advisor

Micro SD card not recognised

I have a 32 GB Sandisk Micro SD card. After DP 8.1 it was not being recognized in my Lumia 525.I had forgotten to remove my SD card during the update. Now it is not being recognized in any device. I have tried in a SD card reader, Samsung Galaxy Pop, Lumia 520, Nolia 2700, Nokia 6630 and Nokia 5800.
I had a similar issue in the same SD card on Samsung Galaxy Pop, when I removed the SD card without dismounting it. It was locked to that device. I don't remember how I got it working again. I think I just put it in the same device and it started working again.
I have restored my Lumia 525 back to WP8, but it is still not recognizing my SD card.

Also I am unable to download games such as Asphalt 7 and NOVA which I got free as a promotion while buying the phone. Previously if I click buy, It used to say that you already own this game and I can download. Now It says that This game is not available for your device.
Please help.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

Re: Micro SD card not recognised

Windows Phone 8.0 did not allow app download to microSD. Are you sure it is the microSD?

Please use plain text.
Advisor

It was on developer preview 8.1
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
tiny_chef

[ Edited ]

Hi, Wildsdi. Welcome to the Nokia Support Discussions. For your MicroSD card concern, have you tried using another SD card on your phone? This is for us to isolate if this is an accessory-related. As for the apps, are you referring to the Gamesloft app promotions? Where do you see the error and how are you trying to reinstall them? Is it via the website (windowsphone.com) or through the Store app? Since this promotion has ended, the Store will require you to purchase them again.

Final Banner
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Yes other SD cards do work. And the games cannot be bought as they are not compatible with my device. (Lumia 525)
Please use plain text.